Being suspended for an accidental disconnect is dumb

A child I was babysitting for mannaged to unplug my power strip while i was playing a comp game, and when my modem finally gave me the chance to get back online, I return to get back in the match to find i’ve been suspended from comp? It’s only for like 30 minutes, but come on. I haven’t had a disco in MONTHS. and i’m being punished for an accident?

Whoever said that the system doesn’t punish you before 2 minutes is lying their [Redacted] off. It only took a minute 45 for my modem to start back up. And I suddenly couldn’t join the game anymore.

It’s for lack of a better word dumb as ever.

[Forum Moderator Note: The Code of Conduct prohibits Obscene Language.]

1 Like

Deserved, you should have paid attention to the child like you were supposed to instead of playing some video games

7 Likes

Prehaps the game ended so that’s why you couldn’t rejoin.

And these measures are in place for a good reason.

Also, you’re babysitting someone and they are unplugging electrics? That’s rather concerning.

Normally I’d be on your side here but, yeah… you should have been watching that kid.

7 Likes

But you weren’t babysitting, you were playing a video game instead.

4 Likes

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

2 Likes