Being permanently banned for the dumbest reason

When OP says he was permanently banned for saying words, I’m curious to what were the words. Fails to mention. They must of been some really bad words if he got banned permanently.

The games actually 13+ so children do play this game predominantly :stuck_out_tongue:

Prolly got suspended since he has 0 posts lol

The dumbest reason being knowingly and unashamedly breaking TOS.

Grats, we don’t need people like you in our game.

I’d have to check but I’m pretty sure it’s 12+

I got a warning today. Apparently I hurt someone’s feelings when it really wasn’t all that bad with what I said. Seems people are false reporting and Blizzard are trying to suppress freedom of speech.

1 Like

thats insane, ive seen some insanely toxic things said to me usually because i like to type “lol” after a death in match chat when its a sniper or something i didnt expect cause when i laugh it off i dont get annoyed but some people will use this as a way of saying im “bi*ching” and go on a rant, but despite me being really sensitive not even i would want them to get banned, silenced maybe another story it can go that far at times, even if the silenced notification is annoying, sucks it happened to you, i’m in a discord and few days ago this guy got his account banned for a week for “using cuss words” which was interesting to say the least, you can get banned for anything nowadays though, people wanting you banned are the same reason private profiles are a thing lol, and if i had a penny for each time i seen a private profile person attack my friends rank (ones who arent afraid of hiding their stats) on competitive i’d be rich.

This game is not 18+, it is 13+.

Freedom of speech applies to government prosecution. You’re asking for freedom from consequences which is very different.

You aren’t being oppressed, you’re being censored in a corporately sponsored and run game and they’re within their rights to do so.

10 Likes

Blizzard: We are working on cutting down toxicity in our game by punishing toxic players.

OP: I am going to be toxic to my team.

Blizzard: Ok we ban you then.

OP: But why am banned now. I just say mean words.

7 Likes

its 13+

1 Like

To be fair EULA’s and ToS’s are mostly only useful in the US, wouldn’t hold up in a lot of EU countries for instance.

I feel ya. People shouldn’t be banned for toxicity if you can simply block them.

But honestly, if you got perma banned, that means you were being toxic without end. The first time I got a 7 week ban (first ban, too) was after 2 years of playing this game. So that’s A LOT of reports to get you permabanned.

No, actually it’s teen, which is 13+

Yeah a lot more buttons and triggers as well. Like school shooters.

The report system is a problem tho… people report you even when you outplay them. Trust me I’ve seen people that do this.

1 Like

Yeah i got reported for spawn camping lol.

Yhea and if you say 1 bad word, then play 2 months without saying anything bad, people report you for abusive chat even when you pick and off-meta hero or as I said outplay them. When you contact support they show you that one bad word and say it is justified

1 Like

Yeah exactly. You should never use the chat to be innocent.

I mean I once got chat banned, contacted them and they said “bad” is a toxic word and it was justified…

1 Like