Being permanently banned for the dumbest reason

This game is 12+ and your talking about dislpinary actions so it gonna get locked

1 Like

you should actually try and send an email because there is the permanent mute option which is better than a perma ban.

since the game has tools in place to avoid players, their comms/chat/etc, is global punishment of the player themselves really reasonable?

It is if the player is being repeatedly and horribly toxic in the worst way.

2 Likes

it’s funny because that wasn’t a rule in the last thread it was made for this one specifically to give a “valid” excuse to lock any threads that point abuse and flaws in disciplinary actions not “report this person for having a different opinion”

Being such a dbag that you actually manage to get permad is unbelievably difficult the way the report system works in OW. If he actually pulled that off, which he admits he did, there was no flaw or abuse in disciplinary action to discuss.

1 Like

you wanna know what else is in the code of conduct
you can be perma banned without any reason

all EULAS have it and if they want to keep there image they would never do that or if they did just to jerks make sure the person that got perma banned can never speak up or be heard.

Adults dont want to be cursed at, berated, talked down to, etc. If you think that being over 18 makes people willing to listen to that garbage, you have a lot more growing up to do.

8 Likes

Honestly, if you we’re behaving like a complete jerk on the microphone and harassing others with toxic nonsense, you deserve to be permanently banned. There was no need for you to make a post on the forum about it. You know why you were banned and should just come to terms and accept it and start over. Learn a lesson from this and behave yourself from this point forward. Other players have a right to enjoy the game without a toxic jackass making it downright annoying.

5 Likes

I report everyone that uses the word “kid” to others on his team when I’m a grown adult, blaming everyone else but himself because he has gold elims or dmg like it matters that much. Don’t be that guy and you won’t get banned.

1 Like

Sounds like you deserve it. I mean look at this post. Not a single word of remorse, trying to justify your foul behavior will get you nowhere.

1 Like

So? Nobody is required to listen to them. If you don’t like what someone is saying then ignore them.

Victim blaming has never worked in any legal case, why should it work here?

4 Likes

yeah that’s not an excuse nor reason to be toxic

2 Likes

My main account has been suspended many times and only after being suspended twice for 1 month each have I been concerned that my account may be permanently closed.

I don’t know what you said, but if you were permanently banned it is much worse than anything I have ever said and I have said some pretty mean things to people.

So… either you are lying or you have been saying a lot more than “Uninstall”, “how are you this bad?”, “worthless” and “I have gold medals”.

3 Likes

Once a tough guy talking smack now just guy getting smacked with a perm ban lolol

I am way too tired to explain why it’s not that simple. Maybe you’ll understand someday, maybe not. For now, I simply bid you goodnight. :zzz:

3 Likes

What I can gather from this is you want report immunity and should be able to insult others for no reason.

3 Likes

I honestly think OP has a right perspective. Many groups of friends during matches be it on mic or textchat, can speak very offensively but no one reports them. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen people make ‘jokingly’ sexist/homophobic/racist comments and no one bat an eye and me, I just ignore them instead of reporting because I know a single persons report will do nothing.

However if they don’t like your gameplay, your pick of hero or just for any reason, any word you say can be held against you since they can mass report you and Blizzard will recognize it. - I’m sorry about your perma-ban friend. I know the community can be extremely toxic and they mostly see what they -want to- see. I hope everything goes well for you.

2 Likes

you do realise that this game is 12+ in most countries, in germany it’s 16+, but it definetly isn’t 18+

3 Likes

It really is that simple. I’ve met toxic people in overwatch before and you know what I do? I take 3 seconds to mute them and I never dealt with them again. How is it more complicated than that? I wager that you’re the one making it way more complicated, as you’re advocating a central authority to dictate who is and isn’t allowed to literally speak. Sounds way harder than muting someone.