Being permanently banned for the dumbest reason

Gotta say. Sometimes I get tilted off of other peoples bad manners in game. I’ve said a few things I knew I shouldn’t have but never anything graphic or hate-speech-ish. Never been silenced in-game. I know false reports are a thing, however, if you were permabanned something tells me those reports weren’t false and you maybe should think about the effect of your actions going forward.

8 Likes

You just violated code of conduct and you Will now be banned from the forums you understand that right. Blizzard games offer a fun and safe place to interact with one another across various game worlds. We encourage our players to cooperate and compete in our games, but crossing the line into abuse is never acceptable. If you come across a player violating the policies below, you should report them.

Communication
When participating in communication of any kind (chat, voice communication, group finder), you are responsible for how you express yourself. You may not use language that could be offensive or vulgar to others.

Hate speech and discriminatory language is inappropriate, as is any obscene or disruptive language. Threatening or harassing another player is always unacceptable, regardless of language used. Violating any of these expectations will result in account restrictions. More serious and repeated violations will result in greater restrictions.

Naming
Names are subject to the same rules established above. Any name the player has the ability to customize—such as player names, BattleTags, and guild names—must be appropriate and inoffensive. Any name that violates our standards or disrupts the community will be changed, and additional limitations may be placed on the offending account per our discretion.

Take note that acceptable names are determined by player reports and Blizzard’s decision, and role-playing servers may have distinct standards for using game-appropriate names.

Cheating
You are responsible for how you and your account are represented in the game world. Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action. Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.

Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense. Scamming, account sharing, win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties.

Behavior
Behavior that intentionally detracts from others’ enjoyment (such as griefing, throwing, feeding, etc.) is unacceptable. We expect our players to treat each other with respect and promote an enjoyable environment. Acceptable behavior is determined by player reports and Blizzard’s decision, and violating these guidelines will result in account and gameplay restrictions.

While we encourage you to report players that are behaving in a disrespectful manner, falsely reporting another player with the sole intent of restricting their gameplay is also unacceptable and will result in penalties to your account.

If you’re unsure if your actions violate this code of conduct, reconsider them. We reserve the right to restrict offending accounts as much as necessary to keep Blizzard games a fun experience for all players.

3 Likes

Nope, it’s not. It’s rated T for Teen in USA and has PEGI12 in EU.

5 Likes

Or don’t.

If he’s fooling anyone about his promise to never be toxic again, it’s himself.

4 Likes

Something’s missing here. If you actually get perma banned you must have done some serious bad things.

3 Likes

if your being toxic expect to be banned

1 Like

its not 18+ its teen. :V

1 Like

Now why should I hide my chat and all those things when I could permanently remove a toxic individual from the game so people don’t have to hear the garbage you spout? =p

Also to be permanently banned rather than silenced? You must’ve been really abusive on chat. Not gonna be missed.

3 Likes

Overwatch is actually rated T for Teen or 13+.

1 Like

The fandom has some 18+ stuff

but last I checked this game is rated T.

1 Like

Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence.

If you’re being a jerk, you’re a problem.

14 Likes

Not more sensitive, just got more buttons to push.
Boop

1 Like

I hate the word “Toxic”. Its too light of word to describe a person.

Toxic is like warning label, or a chemical is toxic and can cause you harm if you mishandle it.

If a person is going out of their way to cause harm, insult, or be negative that’s more than “Toxic”

More like they’re being a (BAMF)

Or a FAH “Toxic” is such a weak term… sometimes I feel like we are too soft on people who are terrible at times.

Don’t give them reasons to report you and they won’t.

How naive you have to be to expect people to just mute you without reporting you?

6 Likes

These fools who claim anyone who reports them for abusive chat is “too sensitive” and “just mute me don’t report me” are just hilarious.

Somehow they feel that when they go out of their way to speak through mic or type toxic venom that they should just be given a pass.

How the heck can these fools not just simply “not trigger mic if you need to vent”. You won’t be getting these bannings for toxicity if no one can hear it.

How much sense and brain power do you really need to know that you won’t be banned if you don’t trigger your mic? :thinking:

2 Likes

Because the premise incorrect. The release mechanism isn’t the expression, it’s the knowledge you are inflicting pain on others.

1 Like

While I agree folks go too far and have egg shell skins this game is T not M and such a ban implies you’ve done a lot wrong.

You list all these things that other people could do if they are offended by the things you say, But have YOU tried not being a d***??

Maybe try that first and come back to the drawing board if it doesn’t work out for you.

8 Likes

Reminds me of someone I reported the other day. Two people actually, in game just constantly dropping the N word and yelling at everyone.

Got a notification earlier. Felt pretty good about that.

5 Likes

I see that you’re skipping over saying the words, which leads me to beleive that it was something horrendous

9 Likes