Being Banned Due To Disconnects

same things happened to me! really hope theres a fix as ive never been a early leaver and now ive been suspended multiple times for lagging out

3 Likes

Same things are happening to all console players in mmm pretty sure they just don’t want console players playing comp anymore.

4 Likes

I hope I get unbanned too

1 Like

The bug’s been around but it looks pronounced after the Lifeweaver patch. :frowning: Playing comp is a gamble right now.

I’ve been banned before during the game load before. But I’ve also had it in QP recently where the game hangs and doesn’t connect. I can’t reproduce it sadly.

5 Likes

This issue has become so rampant in the tech support forum that they have started instantly locking every new post about it. I am yet another console player that has experienced this server disconnect twice so far. I am somebody who never leaves comp games and now I have two strikes.

2 Likes

The same thing happened to me. Now I’m banned for the whole season

3 Likes

I was just suspended for 10mins, after blizzard server disconnect. i had to close battle net re open, open OW, re join game and still got the 10 mins. NO internet interruptions at all

2 Likes

Just got a 15 min ban because “failed to connect to server”. Could not join the game at all. This is getting really ridiculous.

2 Likes

Same here. This is stupid

1 Like

I got banned from the Inter season off the game for disconnecting of the game :rage:
Pls help plsssss

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Temporary Ban. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

It just says “entring game” and frezzes on it then i get banned. It’s really annoying getting banned without guilt

1 Like

i too am having connection issues. i dont have internet issues and everything is working fine on my end but ive been gettting suspended due to the inability of the game to allow me to enter the a competitive match. i get stuck on the loading screen or get a black screen and have been leaving comp matches. now it happened again today and i am suspended for 8hours. it also happen during quick play and not to mention that during qp and comp matches the servers are constantly closing so i can barely even play the game and its been happening pretty often. i dont even know what to do…

1 Like

Blizzard has to unban us

1 Like

Same issue for me. Season ban.

1 Like

I’m sorry about that. We added a new system to carry over leaver penalties between seasons. But we found a bug that made it more aggressive than intended in some cases. I can’t make any promises, but we’re looking into it.

A Systems engineer commented this on Twitter, but it hasn’t been officially acknowledged. I hope they don’t try and ignore it and leave thousands of us in the dark. One more ban and we’re permabanned. That’s disgustingly negligent. I was season banned on my first disconnect after playing comp for 30 or so battlepass levels, around 40-50 games. Something’s wrong and they need to reset everyones leaver penalties, especially with how the servers were recently attacked.

1 Like

fui suspenso do competitivo porque meu wifi caiu e não voltou.

2 Likes

I just had a similiar problem
I had my first ever disconnect (and leave) in a ranked game, at least on my own… their might have been instances where my party leader just quit and pulled us all with him or something but that only happened like once or twice in season one
I don’t even get the chance to join back in I am instantly suspended for 15 minutes :frowning:
the worst part is it was due to connectivity issues on overwatch side
I I could hear the others in discord fine

1 Like

Same here. Competitive part 1, great defense, 0 point for ennemi. Disconnection (no trouble with internet) => 14 min penality. Its just sad.

1 Like

after 10 day of being freed from the last suspensio i got suspended again for a month

This is not fair, the game should just ended with no point penalty and penalty -point for dc player…not a BAN!!! Like years!

Really? It’s techinal issue not intentional but got penalty like cheater should

FIX YOUR GAME PLEASE

1 Like