Beams Nerfed, D.Va Still Trash

Well why not make your profile public then and show him up? What’s the point of saying “oh really?” if you don’t immediately then spring a Yugioh type trap?

3 Likes

“BuT ThEn DvA CaN DiVe AnD Do HeR JoB ThAt’s OP”

6 Likes

Says the guy who has literally ‘‘page not found’’ dont know if you have that much to say about it.

Dva used to be my 3rd most played hero in comp. I’ve all but replaced her with zarya and sigma. She’s awful, and having 0 communication with the devs about whether or not she’s being fixed isn’t helping things. Brig and Dva are at the dump, sharing a plain vanilla milkshake. :frowning:

2 Likes

In Jeff Kaplan’s developer update announcing 2/2/2, he specifically said that the team has never decided to make decisions like Role Queue in the hopes of targeting a specific “meta.” He said there will always be a meta and it’s never in the Overwatch Team’s interest to control the playstyle of the community as a whole.

Reinhardt’s shield doesn’t block all projectiles like DVa’s defense matrix, and it wasn’t only wider than Rein’s shield, but could also easily catch projectiles as a distance. The recent update makes DM feel more reasonable to play against and requires DVa to apply more technical and timing skills than just holding down a button and blocking all projectiles, including the ones DVa didn’t intend to block.

The devs specifically targeted the strength of GOATS with balance changes.

Receipt:

It blocks all projectiles with mostly negligible exceptions (moira orb) just like how matrix does not block sources of damage that rein does (rock)

This is a really bold-faced lie or instance of ignorance. It is not and never was wider than Reinhardt’s shield.

you mean like when DM was placed on a 1 second cooldown and she could no longer flutter it permanently, or maybe the change that cut its duration in half? Or maybe the 2 second cooldown one… All of these changes got “well NOW the ability is finally no longer skilless!” DM, since her 2017 rework, has always been reasonable to play around and required technical skill and above-average gamesense, prediction, and reaction. You’re thinking of Reinhardt.

6 Likes

But they weren’t trying to kill Goats. They were just attempting to balance what they considered to be an exploit with having healers and tanks that could easily secure kills while having a high rate of survivability. Again, Mr. Kaplan said it’s not the Overwatch Team’s goal to control the “meta.”

Nope. It stretched out at a much wider range than Rein’s shield.

Why are you in range of a Zarya? Just because beams get nerfed it doesn’t mean that you should challenge those beam type heroes…

Hard to take complaints like this serious when people can’t take the time to actually come up with a decent argument.

D.va is simply useless in this current meta, so are other heroes. Deal with it.

Uhh he was saying the opposite. He’s saying just because a really good player can play a character like bastion at a high level doesn’t mean that bastion as a character is fine.

As a long time Dva player my recommendation would be to give Dva a slightly faster charging time for defense matrix(10 meters balanced DM as for as ult eating, but she can barely use her shield in comparison to every other tank with shield) and completely remove her speed reduction while shooting, Dva needs to be literally in the enemy hero face to do damage but she moves so slow while shooting there is no punishment for pushing a Dva.

The reason I say this is because of Rein, back when he was king. You had to kill him before you could use your ults. Taking Dva out of suit should still be a priority to use ults.

Okay, and? They targeted a specific meta. They targeted a specific meta when they released Brigitte too. That’s what you said they didn’t do. They aimed those changes to affect the meta.

You think people would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

4 Likes

Incorrect.

I think people are sometimes just unaware. For instance, take that example video you posted. Orient DVa’s position 90 degrees to the right and…there, now her defense matrix is longer than Rein’s shield and blocks all chokepoints.

Even the pro Dvas are playing Sigma.

IDK if you’re a new player but in the past, D-Va had a role beyond just dying. The dying thing isn’t really how she is supposed to be played.

1 Like

Lol @ all the people saying “it’s not her meta”. Sorry, it’s supposed to be. Dive is supposed to counter barriers. That’s the point of dive. If it’s not countering barriers, and there’s literally zero tank lineups possible except barriers, you’re doing a garbage job balancing your game.

Blizzard used to be known for rock-paper-scissors balancing. But that wasn’t meant to be taken literally. You’re not actually supposed to counter something so hard that the only option is scissors vs. scissors, paper vs. paper, rock vs. rock. You’re supposed to have weaknesses and benefits that complement or tone down your skill advantage or disadvantage. Not replace it entirely so that you win at hero select.

That was the whole point of rolequeue, to end winning or losing at hero select.

Look at Starcraft, that was rock paper scissors. I don’t know what balancing is like for SC2 nowadays, but with SC1 you could play different species for different styles and each had disadvantages and advantages they could lean into, but each could still win against the other. That’s how it’s supposed to be.

Hard countering is bad game design.

4 Likes

Yeah I completely misunderstood haha. In my defense, using Bastion as a comparison isn’t very apt in that situation because Bastion is the best that he’s been in a long time at nearly all levels of play. This is actually in large part due to Dva not being picked as much (and shield meta obviously).

Why am I in range of Zarya? Oh my bad, I’ll leave my DPS to frontline tank the Zarya’s damage. Sorry, I can’t challenge beam heroes as D.Va I guess. I think I’ll just stand behind my DPS so they can shoot the Zarya so she can’t get me.

Ok, so you literally proved the only point I was trying to make, but you had to be rude and annoying about it.

1 Like

Well the obvious issue being that double barrier is meta and Dva is weak to the meta, this is understandable.

The real problem with Dva, if nothing about her is changed, will present itself as the meta shifts.

When it comes to dive, Hammond and Winston will have better results.

As an off-tank, you ahh Zarya to pair with Rein, or Roadhog who can stay with the tank and leverage his hook to get a pick or pump out better consistent burst damage than Dva can.

Not that a Roadhog doesn’t need changes to be a consistent viable pick in 2-2-2 but as far as pairings goes, he is still better off than Dva I’d tou need a strong burst tank.

Sigma can provide positional cover better than Dva with his shield or body block with his personal DM.

Just about the only thing Dva has going for her is to annoy Pharah.

Her dive play style was nerfed to give way to Hammond. Her positional tank play style nerfed to give way to Sigma.

What does Dva really offer now as a tank that other tanks don’t offer yield more consistent results?

The answer is nothing. That is a problem.

1 Like

I think they need to increase the rate of filling DM bar. With 2s cooldown she is counterable but her overall defense is too weak

It’s not your job as D.va to facetank damage. And in the scenario you are talking about it’s literally a matter of using the wrong tool for the job.