Battle.net Account Only Works On One Platform At A Time

I play on both PC and console (Mainly console) and with crossplay coming out I figured I’d just link my current PC Battlenet account to my Xbox account and then I could play with a friend over in the same room one on console and PC together. Unfortunately unbeknownst to me it for some reason only allows you to be logged in on one platform despite not actually sharing accounts, cosmetics, ranks, etc. Will this be fixed or is there a way around it as it is quite annoying that I can’t play on my Xbox and PC together.

1 Like

This is intended, per the End User License Agreement, only you are suppose to access your own BattleNet account.

Similar question but different scenario. I played OW on PC and moved to switch. My son wanted to learn know to play so he played on his laptop. We could both play with no issues previously on our own separate platforms. Skins etc were not shared and purchased made on both platforms. Now with cross play we kick each other out when we log in. Is there a way to get him a new battlenet account and move over his items from the current pc account? If not, this really stinks.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue now as well. I play on PC and my children play on the Xbox. It was never an issue to play at the same time and now it’s not possible. As a parent, I’m not comfortable creating a separate battle net account for them so I guess I’m stuck.

2 Likes

I appreciate the points the other two parents here have made and wanted to add my own. It’s pretty unreasonable to have paid for this game twice but only be able to play on one platform at a time.

I was excited about crossplay because I could finally get to play with my kids, they’ve been wanting to play with me for a year at least. Now not only can I not do that, I can’t even play at the same time as them.

2 Likes

Unfortunately items cannot be transferred between BattleNet accounts. You can unlink the switch account from the current Battlenet account and assign it to a new BattleNet account. Any items earned on a console platform are tied to the console account and game license for that console. Any items earned on PC are tied only to the BattleNet account. Note if you do unlink an account some promotional items like those earned from watching live streams of Overwatch League, Contenders, or Twitch promotions might be lost.

BattleNet features parental controls for any PC game which includes keeping the child account secure. Note if you want to control features on console versions of Overwatch you will also want to refer to the console parental control features there as well.

Much to this thread, my son used to play OW on the PS4 (I used the PS4 parental controls to regulate chat, etc) - however I’m unable to create a battle.net account for him since he’s under 13 now. He hasn’t been able to play for over 3-4 months since this change. Any recommendations?

So just running into these issues since my son wanted to start picking up Overwatch once again.

My son can’t play anymore because you have to have a blizzard account to play, which wasn’t a requirement previously.

Wouldn’t it make sense to just disable crossplay if he doesn’t have a Blizzard account opposed to forcing the issue.

My son isn’t 13 but isn’t it upto my discretion which games he can and can’t play? Or is that also something that’s written into the Terms of Service?

Basically I’m left with stretching the truth to make sure my son can play a game I paid for on 2 platforms years ago.

Can I use my one battle net account on 2 consoles?