Bastion simple fix

Cast time: so you want to take away control from the player for even longer?

Large hit box: so your suggesting making his hitbox larger?

Immobility: you want to give him negative mobility?

These aren’t levers to change power on an ability. I’m talking about real nurfs to bastion in order to balance out the power economy in his kit.

Look at any of the reworks, they take away something to give something back. Torb lost armor for his team and a level 3 turret. Hanzo lost scatter a 400 instant damage ability. Mercy lost mass Rez. Sym lost her lock on beam. Hog lost his magic hook. Every character that has received a meaningful rework has received meaningful nurfs to rebalance the hero’s power economy. All I’m seeing is straight buffs with paltry nurfs

Exactly, so we can’t just put it back because it was changed for a reason. You have to look to other areas of his kit to put power into rather than just overloading the one good part of his kit

You don’t get it do you? He is so weak that you can’t nerf him. He is the worst hero in the game. He don’t need compensation for any power he should get. Every patch made him worse. Why are some people so blind? Look at the statistics.

2 Likes

And Bastion should loose IC in order to have enough damage to compensate for the things I listed above.

that isn’t even close to fixing bastion’s main problems

You also fail to take into account how easy it is to take down a set up Bastion.

• High mobility heroes like Tracer and Genji can dance around him at close range, making it tracking hell for the Bastion to keep up while only grazing them
  • Sombra can completely remove Bastion from his sentry form
  • Roadhog can literally pull him out of sentry form
  • Orisa’s shield that allows her to lay down fire on Bastion and provide cover for her team
  • Stunning Bastion while he’s transitioning into sentry form can stop it completely
  • Ana’s dart and Earthshatter knocks him down from sentry form
  • Pharah’s buff completely destroys him because she can land more follow up shots and too far away for his sentry gun to affect her
  • Junkrat and D.va can literally dive bomb him, with D.Va negating his sentry gun completely and making him vulnerable to her team’s fire
  • Reaper, Torbjorn, Symmetra, and pretty much any hero capable of burst damage can destroy Bastion easily because they get too close to him, too far away for him to deal reliable damage, or are peeking behind cover.
  • Zenyatta is very capable of destroying Bastion with his orbs.
  • Widowmaker and Hanzo are very capable of taking him down because they engage at distances longer than his gun can hit, can peek out of cover and take shots to avoid his fire completely, and Hanzo wipes the floor completely with Bastion because his hitbox is huge and Hanzo has a lot of burst damage and DPS that’s practically unavoidable at close range (plus Hanzo leaps around so tracking hell too).

There’s a trend here: He’s easy to hit because his body is large and wide, he’s immobile and can’t get out the way of incoming fire even while transforming into recon, his gun can’t do anything about any of these issues because smart players can work around it.

3 Likes

But tankmode isn’t the problem. It has its own issues, but isn’t the complete problem.

3 Likes

No I don’t think you get it. Bastions sit in one place play style isn’t fun to play, watch, or play against. He needs fundamental changes which start by removing power from his kit in places while adding power in others. Bastions overloaded sentry mode has always relegated bastion to trash tier because it’s time to kill has always been too low when it’s been powerful.

What you think is unfun is subjective, people learn how to go around it.

3 Likes

Funny, it’s underpowered so how can it be overloaded?

3 Likes

There isn’t much power left to remove. If you want recon to be the focus of his kit then why don’t you just play 76?

4 Likes

It’s his gun, not an ability… The ability is Reconfigure, which allows him to change between his different guns…

Should we also nerf Mercy’s healing staff some more so that we can buff her pistol? No, because Mercy isn’t meant to be focused on damage, she’s meant to be focused on healing. Bastion is meant to be focused on damage, specifically Sentry mode. That’s the reason they gave him a giant minigun on his back, not so that he could use it every now and again, but so that he could primarily use it. If he was meant to use Recon more, then he would have a much larger gun on it.

4 Likes

I’d like to hear your opinion on what part of his current Sentry mode is overloaded, what else in his kit that should be given more power, and what changes would make Bastion more fun without butchering his original design.

2 Likes

thats not 100% an issue. it makes bastion tricky to use effectivly, but it not “the problem” i say give bastion 150 health with more damage and 30% more acuracy and the ability to headshot with self heal in recon mode only and he has armored health exept 50. he would be THE official overwatch glass cannon. dkill and target priority would be of greater importance while ibcreasing bastions impact. but that only adresses his current kit. most think a rework is inorder especially when you consider that tank mode is a mechanical transformation on an ultimate.

still i just think the stats of his current kit need to be tweaked to offer high high power with increased acuracy with very little health. but this is an incomplete thought

Bastion mains please correct me on this, but I believe a more appropriate fix for him would be something like this (essentially a Mercy style or Torb style rework that centers around Tank on E):

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

One of many, many ideas. There are even half a dozen versions of that concept.

I’d like to reiterate that a rebalance of his current kit should be considered first before giving him a rework.

3 Likes

Yeah what DrClan said, there are tons of versions of tank on E. I like the general idea though.

3 Likes

If they want to go with the rework route, that’s one of the most popular rework concepts (not mine specifically, but Tank on E in general). However, I don’t personally think he really needs a full rework, I think something slightly smaller would do just fine.

3 Likes

Bastion mains and I have always butted heads over the fact that bastion’s character isn’t just a sentry gun but rather a character that changes forms. His gun isn’t his character but rather just one of his definitive modes.

Terranguard will blow a gasket if I bring up putting sentry in a CD (still a valid option as it gives blizzard another level to take power away from sentry by limiting how often he can be in it) and so will several other bastion mains. So rather than doing that I’ll remind people the way to buff sentry is to ensure bastion doesn’t always want to be in it

To that end we could discus how to ensure bastion doesn’t want to stay stationary.

A suggestion I have would be to give recon mode either a targeted scout ability, or a vision pulse, that reveals enemies to his team and then tightens bastions spread vs tagged targets.

On the other hand I’m also a big fan of giving bastion a tank mode so he has burst damage to follow up on killing squishies after breaking barriers