Bastion simple fix

Funny, it’s underpowered so how can it be overloaded?

3 Likes

There isn’t much power left to remove. If you want recon to be the focus of his kit then why don’t you just play 76?

4 Likes

It’s his gun, not an ability… The ability is Reconfigure, which allows him to change between his different guns…

Should we also nerf Mercy’s healing staff some more so that we can buff her pistol? No, because Mercy isn’t meant to be focused on damage, she’s meant to be focused on healing. Bastion is meant to be focused on damage, specifically Sentry mode. That’s the reason they gave him a giant minigun on his back, not so that he could use it every now and again, but so that he could primarily use it. If he was meant to use Recon more, then he would have a much larger gun on it.

4 Likes

I’d like to hear your opinion on what part of his current Sentry mode is overloaded, what else in his kit that should be given more power, and what changes would make Bastion more fun without butchering his original design.

2 Likes

thats not 100% an issue. it makes bastion tricky to use effectivly, but it not “the problem” i say give bastion 150 health with more damage and 30% more acuracy and the ability to headshot with self heal in recon mode only and he has armored health exept 50. he would be THE official overwatch glass cannon. dkill and target priority would be of greater importance while ibcreasing bastions impact. but that only adresses his current kit. most think a rework is inorder especially when you consider that tank mode is a mechanical transformation on an ultimate.

still i just think the stats of his current kit need to be tweaked to offer high high power with increased acuracy with very little health. but this is an incomplete thought

Bastion mains please correct me on this, but I believe a more appropriate fix for him would be something like this (essentially a Mercy style or Torb style rework that centers around Tank on E):

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

One of many, many ideas. There are even half a dozen versions of that concept.

I’d like to reiterate that a rebalance of his current kit should be considered first before giving him a rework.

3 Likes

Yeah what DrClan said, there are tons of versions of tank on E. I like the general idea though.

3 Likes

If they want to go with the rework route, that’s one of the most popular rework concepts (not mine specifically, but Tank on E in general). However, I don’t personally think he really needs a full rework, I think something slightly smaller would do just fine.

3 Likes

Bastion mains and I have always butted heads over the fact that bastion’s character isn’t just a sentry gun but rather a character that changes forms. His gun isn’t his character but rather just one of his definitive modes.

Terranguard will blow a gasket if I bring up putting sentry in a CD (still a valid option as it gives blizzard another level to take power away from sentry by limiting how often he can be in it) and so will several other bastion mains. So rather than doing that I’ll remind people the way to buff sentry is to ensure bastion doesn’t always want to be in it

To that end we could discus how to ensure bastion doesn’t want to stay stationary.

A suggestion I have would be to give recon mode either a targeted scout ability, or a vision pulse, that reveals enemies to his team and then tightens bastions spread vs tagged targets.

On the other hand I’m also a big fan of giving bastion a tank mode so he has burst damage to follow up on killing squishies after breaking barriers

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Seriously though, if you feel he’s about transforming you’re going against yourself here. “He’s about transforming but not into sentry” Recon isn’t on cooldown and if they’re supposed to be equal then it kind of makes your philosophy on him fall apart.

2 Likes

I think that’d do all of what you want. He gets tankmode and the mobiliy+burst it provides are definitely things you might want over sentry at times.

1 Like

Sentry should be powerful! It should be a key component of his kit, but not so powerful that his entire goal is get to the payload hit sentry mode and then remain their as long as Omnicly possible

Understandable. So I suppose a simpler fix (in reference to this thread) would be to put Configuration: Tank on E, and fix his balancing issues? I had an idea of having his Tank config on a cool-down basically use his machine gun (instead of rockets), and is then upgraded to missiles exclusively in his ultimate form. I have no clue how that would be received though or if that would be something that’s needed for him. Just a silly idea lol. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

lol you just sugested a rework :smile:

Torb’s ult counters pirateship now and with tankmode you can use it to get off the payload in better spots.

3 Likes

Which is the primary goal of Tank on E by the way, allowing Bastion to get to spots that he couldn’t otherwise get to, while also giving him a good burst damage potential.

Would this work as an ability or as a passive?
Either way, I really like this suggestion.

correct, and a passive damage resist is not helping matters.

1 Like