Bastion should legit be deleted from the game

Positioning and awareness… He says in reference to heroes who can all re-position whenever they like, thus it means nothing to them.

Awareness wise, try having to be aware of enemies when you can’t run away.

Why do you have to reposition or run away when guarding a choke? You would most likely be with your team anyway? Unless you’re playing solo, which isn’t really how bastion works.

Bastion is a glass cannon. Very strong but with ALL the weaknesses. He only works if his team is built around him. If he dies, that’s it pretty much

Why would you have too… Hmm…
How about when you finally do get attacked?

There is no way to survive without being out of Sentry mode, unless you have full coms, and a dedicated team.

If the bunker fails, you die, that’s how 1 dimensional the character is. is it OP? Bastion on his own is not. Does it require skill? Not really. Is it cheese? Very.

1 Like

Oh how one dimensional this conversation is…

Well, he needs a redesign, anybody will agree he is crap outside of bunker against good players.

Redesign?
No.

Is he crap outside of a team that doesn’t even really need a dps because it’s already carrying itself?

Hell yes.

Man I feel for Bastion players; their hero is a lot like Reinhardt in regards to balance. Reinhardt, like Bastion sucks (the die if they don’t have team support), but if you put the right comp together around them, people FREAK OUT and starting calling him Overpowered.

Bastion isn’t a problem. The lack of knowledge on balancing and hero counter on these forums is the problem.

5 Likes

So he’s only useful in bunker?

Put a bunker around a Soldier: 76 BOT and you’d get the same result.

People bunker with Torb instead of bastion and it has just as much results.

1 Like

UGGH

Can you end my suffering?

Please?

Just hit me with your hammer, and ram me into the wall…

Wait where was i?

1 Like

I think Rein takes a different kind of skill, being aware of your opponent, managing your shield, and knowing when to be aggressive and when not to be aggressive. Also, baiting out the other rein’s earthshatter is always nice to see. A bastion hiding in a bunker is a lot more forgiving.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3 Likes

Not really, since the damage he dishes out is less and he breaks shields slower. He is more versatile though, since if the bunker fails, he doesn’t necessarily become free food. He can also take other positions for better shots away from shields. Again, more options than a 1 dimensional bastion, but still not cheese.

Exactly.

2 Likes

My point being there are indeed ways for dealing with Bunker comp.
Just like there are ways with dealing with GOATS.

Rein and Bastion are 100% fine. The comps that enable them are what make them strong.

Why do you think the devs didn’t touch Reinhardt, but nerfed the heroes around him that enable HIM and GOATS?

If bunker is too powerful, the devs won’t touch Bastion, he is balanced. They will more likely look at other heroes.

2 Likes

Never said its OP, just cheesy. I’d rather die to a good pocketed widow than a bastion, but thats just me. Maybe it hurts my eyes being gunned down by a sentry bastion?

torb/sym/bast/spammy ult genji.
I go shield tank and someone goes bast, I will change, I am not going to babysit a bast.
Worst when the enemy team thinks its a great win from no skill heros. Yer its great that you have people that have no skill and you encourage no skill play…
To be perfectly honest, the game is so broken, that it doesn’t matter what hero is picked, it all comes down to who has the most smurfs/de-rankers now.

1 Like