Bastion should be loved more!

the 6 is full of bad players then. There are many ways of getting around it. You can use Mei wall to lift him over Orisa’s barrier. You can use Sombra to force him out of sentry and at some point EMP him and the barrier. You can have Junkrat or someone break the shields and have Roadhog hook Bastion off. You can have Genji face dive into Bastion while deflecting and while Bastion stops shooting or hurts himself your team can push etc…

Junkrat can’t break her shield before she puts up a new one and Genji can’t kill Orisa.

I never said he would kill Orisa. If Genji is in Bastion’s face, he can’t shoot for 2 seconds. That’s plenty of time to set up a dive using D.va as the spearhead for more bullet blocking and to just kill the Bastion before anyone else.

Mercy will just revive him anyway.

She would still have a Genji D.va and whoever else dove in her face so if you can’t shut that down when she’s not moving and you’re behind their shield then you were going to lose to a normal comp too.

so? bastion gets way more out of being babysat then anyone else, hands down.

Bastion counters uncoordinated teams which is basically ALL silver/bronze teams. The only reason Bastion works down there is because only the hanzo 1 tricks can reliably take him out and everyone’s too busy crapping themselves to counter a Bastion on Defense. Ironically all those bastions in Silver aren’t getting out cause they don’t know why bastion works.

That being said, buff his movement speed or transform speed so he feels less clunky in recon mode.

And I hate it and everybody hates it so IMO ironclad needs to go for something else that’s useful outside of being pocketed. ironclad reduces incoming damage which means he has effectively more health but doesn’t actually have a higher healthbar to heal. This means he’s taking less damage and healing “faster” than other heroes. Since healing becomes more efficient pocketing becomes really powerful on him. If the damage resist number is good healing is too efficient, if healing isn’t too efficient the damage resist is bad, I cannot think of an in the middle because pretty much all healing efficiency will promote pocketing. If we remove the pocket friendly passive and give him something that doesn’t pair so well with it that could work. Such as (don’t get mad at me for suggesting it) old sentry. It puts a lot of skill back into aiming because of the tighter spread and you’re more rewarded for it but you also don’t have ironclad so pocketing gets harder. You aren’t healed as efficiently and you don’t block extra damage but you are able to fight simply by how good you are at aiming and positioning rather than a stupid comp.

Good ideas… i honestly just want to see bastion back

Legit perfect pic of bastion before the buffs

this post is now also necroed

1 Like

Too good at what i do :wink: