Bastion’s high damage is the reason he is unplayable

Just hear me out.

Because of the fear it puts in his opponents, they will always do everything they can to make sure he either dies first, never leaves spawn, or BOTH.

He really needs a full rework if he wants any sort of practical game time.

29 Likes

Same with Torb players will do all in their power to make sure Bastion and Torb have no chance to set up their spot, the Sniper meta right now also keep them in bad spot as hanzo/widow will just keep killing them from afar

No shield switch simple as that with Bastion he needs to be babysat by the tank and preferably a healer

3 Likes

He does 450DPS he can’t be buffed until that is brought down.

6 Likes

Bastion doesn’t have very high damage anymore. If he did, then he would be fine because he could kill the enemy before they could kill him. With his spread, he’s actually among the worst damage dealers in the game at ranges beyond about 25 meters. He only does 450 DPS at point blank range, and since he can’t move, that’s basically never going to happen.

Here’s a thread going into more detail about it

They decided that a 3° spread was too much for Sombra, a character who can turn invisible and walk up to her enemies. A character that’s meant to be used at point blank range. They decided that her spread was too much, so they lowered it. But Bastion has the same spread that she did, and he can’t get closer to the enemies.

His problem is that he takes so long to kill anything, he can no longer get a pick then move like he used to. Thus, he has to stay in one spot for way too long, which makes him vulnerable. Old Bastion would get a pick, then go back to Recon to reposition, much like Widowmaker. New Bastion can’t do that. He has a 20% damage reduction sure, but that doesn’t make up for his awful damage.

They need to do away with Ironclad, and give Sentry mode it’s damage back. If they had just reworked his Recon and Self-repair with his rework, he would be perfect now. Perhaps still f-tier, but that’s because people don’t like his playstyle, not him being weak.

P.S. Bastion doesn’t even have the highest DPS in the game anymore. Reaper and Hanzo are tied for first because they can headshot. Reaper does 560 with two headshots (he shoots at 2 shots per second), and Hanzo does 560 with 4 Storm Arrow headshots (he shoots Storm Arrows at 4 per second)

25 Likes

No, I heard Blizzard out and they ruined him.

Then they need to make him able to take that. That’s like how Roadhog tanks, be the biggest threat and they’re shooting you not your teamates. We need to make him threatening enough to be able to do something about it. Except Blizzard thought it was a good idea to take more than 2x his damage at normal mid-range for 75 extra effective HP. Personally, I’d prefer my damage back than the 75 effective HP because the hp to damage difference between a fight is much better in Bastion’s favor. If you push into him you should be punished, not just able to walk right up to him without fear.

Revert sentry then. It was a rework to change it so “rework” it backwards. Now he has the damage to truly deserve the focusing.

7 Likes

Or maybe you’re wrong and he can be buffed without nerfing his damage again. It has been proven to suck entirely to do so, don’t do it again.

5 Likes

Or you can acknowledge there are overpowered parts of bastion and underpowered parts. Saying his entire kit is garbage is being incredibly ignorant and I see why no one cares about your pathetic bastion ‘mega thread’

3 Likes

What parts of Bastion are overpowered?

8 Likes

DPS in turret form since he single handedly out damages Zen’s ultimate. Nerf that, or better yet remove turret form, and then start buffing him.

Again, only when he’s point blank. And he gives up mobility to achieve that damage, meaning he can’t move to get point blank…

And removing his Sentry mode would be about the equivalent of removing Mercy’s staff… It’s literally what makes his kit.

10 Likes

Nice job using technicalities to justify your horrible opinion. He has OP parts and underpowered parts. Remove the OP parts or severely nerf them and then buff the rest of him.

If they buffed recon mode and made sentry mode a cooldown move with its old damage on an 8 second timer I think it would do a lot for the character.

Let sentry mode last as long as it would take to empty a full clip, then force bastion to get up.

1 Like

What do you mean technicalities? Are you saying that range shouldn’t be taken into consideration? Or mobility? If that’s the case, then Reaper can also kill through Zen’s ultimate on his own, because if he just gets a headshot, then it instakills 200 hp heroes.

6 Likes

Exactly and Reaper is also garbage

Nothing about Bastion is OP. Is it sentry? Obviously not because that’s the #1 thing people think needs buffing. Is it recon? Obviously not or he’d just flat out be a better Soldier. Is it his healing? Obviously not because it doesn’t save him from even Storm Arrows. It also locks you down so if you stop healing to fight you die and if you stop healing to go back to recon you also die. Is it tank? His recon healing and tank are just about perfect. Of course there’s a few things I’d like to change such as being able to transform while healing so you don’t have to go through the deploy time of healing again but that’s it for those. Since all of those are almost perfect, what’s left? Sentry? Because sentry is the only remaining part of his kit that isn’t balanced and no, not as in OP but as in he can’t kill anything at normal midrange ranges or even up close because the people just jump over the couple degrees above you in which you have to turn all the way around. He can’t even kill a charging Reinhardt and always loses vs a Roadhog.

Since his healing tank and recon are just about perfect, that means sentry is the only remaining thing that could hold him back. And it does. His damage isn’t an issue or he’d kill anything and everything before they could kill him, but he doesn’t. It’s not the HP or he’d live long enough to kill them, but he doesn’t. The only thing I think needs removing is ironclad. It was a mistake. It makes healing more efficient promoting pocketing and doesn’t help more solo playing. The #1 most liked change is to revert sentry.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m gonna stop there… there’s no real discussion to have here…

11 Likes

450 DPS is an extremely impressive damage output. Calling that OP on it’s own is plausible.

But as you said

It’s the fact that his “underpowered parts” completely outweigh the one part of his kit that can even be considered powerful. Even then, his damage is mitigated heavily by his horrendous spread.

5 Likes

He is one of the worst dps in the game blizzard has their heads to far up their collective ***** to know what balance is or how to rework a character because Terran guard and grant man have fine the work to prove what he does and have given suggestions on how to make him a good skill hero but they give 0 ***** about the forum and would rather focus on esports than the actual game

4 Likes

Putting Sentry on a cooldown would kinda mess his kit up…

I think you’re saying remove his ability to reload, which isn’t all that bad, but I mean, if you take away the extra 100 ammo he got from his rework, he can only shoot for a little over 6 seconds before needing a 2 second reload…

1 Like

Lucky for us, they’ve been reworking old heroes into lesser playable versions.

So, with any luck, Bastion would-be mains may soon get EXACTLY what they did not ask for.