šŸ¤– Bastion Rework Coming Next?

Being rewarded for literally holding down a button and aiming is why Bastion has such a low skill ceiling in the first place. If you want him actually viable as a hitscan hero he canā€™t be a point-and-click adventure

terran, TERRAN, please understand that ye gotta look at the big picture

Thatā€™s how shooting a gun works. Anyways itā€™s big and loud and very visible. If someone still decides to go out into the open without a proper plan while youā€™re shooting thatā€™s their fault. Donā€™t punish us for needing the constant fire. Thereā€™s all sorts of bonus health and barriers now. When will you ever not need constant fire?

the damage being lowered will be needed. the old bastion will never comeback, so we gotta move on. less spread for less damage is fair and balanced. like that he can keep the buffs(walk while healing, healing while taking damage and quicker tranformation)

The wider point also involves not making him a reactive character, but a proactive character. Being based around ā€œif you walk up to me youā€™ll dieā€ isnā€™t useful because that applies to almost every hero. Weā€™ve seen this before: being stationary, and requiring the enemy to come to you doesnā€™t work in Overwatch

If I start shooting at a barrier Iā€™ll have crap accuracy when it goes down. Howā€™s that fair to the Bastion? I did my job and Iā€™m punished for it. In fact, since itā€™s back to 3 degrees max spread and lower damage per bullet since you canā€™t exactly aim for headshots at that point youā€™re doing less damage after you kill a barrier than even now.

It isnā€™t needed and how do you know it wonā€™t come back?

look at blizzard, if they dont bring mass res back, they will NOT bring old bastion back. they hate reverts

Barrier-busting is a part of playing Bastion, not what solely gives him a purpose. If you decide to focus a barrier, thatā€™s fine, especially with how prevalent they are now, but after that you should be worrying about the tanks. The tanks will be taking just as much, if not more damage than they do now, since there will be some rounds landing headshots, despite the spread

There is more area in which you will hit body shots than you will headshots with 3 degrees. With a reduced base damage that bigger area will be dealing less damage than the small area will with headshots. Overall, I would predict it would deal less damage at the same ranges as now at 3 degrees.

Can we just not keep the spread massive? This has nothing to do with spray and pray. Sometimes thereā€™s more than just spraying going on. If an entire team pushes do I just have to settle for crap spread because thereā€™s more stuff to shoot?

Basically I think itā€™s unfair to Bastion to keep it high even if itā€™s through bloom. Iā€™m punished for shooting at more than one person in a row. Thatā€™s not good. Itā€™s a fight not a pick one target and thatā€™s it.

i think we are scaring new people

Every rapid fire weapon has to deal with spread. If Bastion has a spread too small, he could just hold down the button. Soldier has spread for the same reason, and does way less damage. The spread decay could go as low as like 1 second to reset from full, but beyond that it just becomes too simple to get immense damage for long periods of time by holding down a single button.

Btw Iā€™m going to bed Iā€™ll be able to respond to stuff in the morning

I see absolutely no issue with this. So what if someone shoots for long bursts? If someone walks in without a plan, like into a spamming Bastion, thatā€™s their fault. If Iā€™m shooting into a fight with too many enemies I wonā€™t have to deal with massive spread because of the system meant to combat spam. Is it spam if Iā€™m forced to use full auto for long periods of time? No. Itā€™s not.

Immense damage is kind of what Bastion is so I still see no problem with this. Whatā€™s wrong with the shoot button? If I click it why am I automatically just ā€œholding one buttonā€ like itā€™s not the only thing to do in that situation? If Iā€™m shooting someone of course Iā€™m holding LMB thatā€™s how that works.

Sorry for getting like this btw but I just donā€™t understand why shooting is wrong.

I canā€™t see any hero getting a large scale rework before Bastion, heā€™s easily the most in need of it now that Torb and Sym have gotten theirs, especially since his problems are in a similar vein, if not more pronounced than either Sym or Torbs were.

I would be happy to see a few movement buffs like my jumpjets/Rocket idea OR even softer footsteps it hard to be a killer machine where people on three servers away can hear you walking.

I hope heā€™s next as well, mostly just because I think a lot of these rework ideas are cool and show much room there is with bastions transformations to make for a very exciting part of overwatch. That said, I do think a lot of these ideas seem like they would seem a bit OP if implemented as described. But hey, thatā€™s what testing is for.

1 Like

Bastion next, please. The poor bot is being left all alone in the broom closet with only his bird to keep him company.

Most certainly :slight_smile: I would give your post a like but Iā€™ve used mine up for now. A lot of interesting suggestions and neat stuff in your post. Iā€™d love bastion to get some support from the devs. Heā€™s been doing it rough for far too long.

Iā€™m with you :smiley:

2 Likes

Anyone have any more concepts for me to add to the OP?

you say low reward for good aim but have you ever used his recon mode? If you actually have good aim you can counter a widow depending on how far she is.