🤖 Bastion Rework Coming Next?

were just throwing ideas out in the wind dude, nothing more, nothing less.
the devs jobs is to look at the reworks cited above and see if any of those is worth. if not then they will just follow with what is planned for him. the counter action is on their part to think of.

1 Like

No, the dev’s job is see that people aren’t happy with Bastion and figure out how to fix him. They’re never going to look at your suggested solutions and act on them, or even consider them.

There’s a popular aphorism among developers that players are very good at identifying problems, and very bad at identifying solutions.

So yeah, if you’re fielding fixes to suggest to Blizzard, rather than trying to foster community discussion, you’re barking up the wrong tree.

i sorry, kind forgot they dont take ideas from us :unamused:
yeah, but this thread serves more to shine a light on bastion current state for the community and try to get devs atention(maybe a response :smirk:) on him

Put that change in context with the other changes. It’s actually an enormous buff to his damage potential

im good with anything, as long as i can hit my shots and not spray n pray

It’s still a damage nerf, even with headshots he still doesn’t simply get normal 2 degree max bloom because 3 is still the max and it takes 2 seconds to return to normal.

So you don’t hold down the fire button for multiple seconds at a time, and aim for crits. This is meant to nerf spray-and-pray and buff good aim with Sentry. The maximum DPS is increased from 450 to 720.

I can hold the button down and aim for crits, what’s wrong with that? Spray and pray only works if the enemy is stupid. That’s why he’s okay in bronze because people keep WM1ning at him.

Being rewarded for literally holding down a button and aiming is why Bastion has such a low skill ceiling in the first place. If you want him actually viable as a hitscan hero he can’t be a point-and-click adventure

terran, TERRAN, please understand that ye gotta look at the big picture

That’s how shooting a gun works. Anyways it’s big and loud and very visible. If someone still decides to go out into the open without a proper plan while you’re shooting that’s their fault. Don’t punish us for needing the constant fire. There’s all sorts of bonus health and barriers now. When will you ever not need constant fire?

the damage being lowered will be needed. the old bastion will never comeback, so we gotta move on. less spread for less damage is fair and balanced. like that he can keep the buffs(walk while healing, healing while taking damage and quicker tranformation)

The wider point also involves not making him a reactive character, but a proactive character. Being based around “if you walk up to me you’ll die” isn’t useful because that applies to almost every hero. We’ve seen this before: being stationary, and requiring the enemy to come to you doesn’t work in Overwatch

If I start shooting at a barrier I’ll have crap accuracy when it goes down. How’s that fair to the Bastion? I did my job and I’m punished for it. In fact, since it’s back to 3 degrees max spread and lower damage per bullet since you can’t exactly aim for headshots at that point you’re doing less damage after you kill a barrier than even now.

It isn’t needed and how do you know it won’t come back?

look at blizzard, if they dont bring mass res back, they will NOT bring old bastion back. they hate reverts

Barrier-busting is a part of playing Bastion, not what solely gives him a purpose. If you decide to focus a barrier, that’s fine, especially with how prevalent they are now, but after that you should be worrying about the tanks. The tanks will be taking just as much, if not more damage than they do now, since there will be some rounds landing headshots, despite the spread

There is more area in which you will hit body shots than you will headshots with 3 degrees. With a reduced base damage that bigger area will be dealing less damage than the small area will with headshots. Overall, I would predict it would deal less damage at the same ranges as now at 3 degrees.

Can we just not keep the spread massive? This has nothing to do with spray and pray. Sometimes there’s more than just spraying going on. If an entire team pushes do I just have to settle for crap spread because there’s more stuff to shoot?

Basically I think it’s unfair to Bastion to keep it high even if it’s through bloom. I’m punished for shooting at more than one person in a row. That’s not good. It’s a fight not a pick one target and that’s it.

i think we are scaring new people