Bastion overheat mechanic?

You mean the skin threads? 100% Agreed.
(Honestly, I would love a Bastion nerf skin. He’d look like a Toy Story extra XD)

haHAA. Very funny.

This is still a Bastion nerf thread.

5 Likes

If he’s balanced and you know it don’t complain :clap: :clap:
If he’s balanced and you know it don’t complain :clap: :clap:
If he’s balanced and you know it then you really should forego it if he’s balanced and you know it clap your hands :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Bastion is so easily countered by Hanzo it is hilarious

4 Likes

i find them sad, i can’t imagine what its like being so bad at this game that Bastion of all characters is a problem.

6 Likes

He only does 450 DPS if you’re point blank… Here’s some counter math for you on Bastion actual damage output Bastion's real damage output (kinda)

This is pretty much a best case scenario for Bastion as well. Pretty much no one in the game (apart from tanks and another Bastion) is as large as a Training Bot, and nobody is going to be standing still. So his actual DPS is going to be a far less than what’s in the post…

This part I do agree with. Take passive Ironclad away, put it on repair, revert his spread, revert his headshots, revert his ammo count.

I’ve made an overheat rework concept, but it’s not all that much different than just reloading sometimes… I mean, I guess it rewards not spraying as much, but still…

Heat Mechanic rework
  • Configuration Sentry
    • Bloom added to weapon
      • Initial accuracy of 1.25°, bloom starts after 0.3 seconds of continuous fire
      • Reaches 2° after 0.3 seconds of additional continuous fire
    • Headshots added
    • Ammo increased to infinite
    • Added overheat mechanic to weapon
    • Bastion can now fire for 8 seconds continuously
    • Once the heat meter fills up, it takes 3.5 seconds to fully empty
      • If the heat meter completely fills, Bastion cannot fire until it is empty if he stays in Sentry mode
      • If Bastion switches to Recon mode to disperse the heat, he can fire again in Sentry mode when the heat is at 25% or less
  • Configuration Recon
    • Reload speed reduced to 1.5 seconds
    • If the heat meter is more than 25% full, damage is increased by 3
    • Firing his weapon decreases the heat meter by 3.75% per bullet
      • 20 bullets equates to 75% heat
    • Heat does not passively disperse when in Recon mode
  • Ironclad
    • Only applies to Sentry mode now
    • Damage reduction decreases as heat increases
      • Under 33%: 20% damage reduction
      • Between 33% and 66%: 15% damage reduction
      • Above 66%: 10% damage reduction
  • Self-repair
    • No longer consumes resources when it cannot heal Bastion
    • Healing delay reduced to 0.1 seconds (Currently ~0.5 seconds)
    • Able to reload while repairing (Only affects Recon mode)
  • Configuration Tank
    • Completely empties heat meter on use
    • Ironclad no longer applies to Tank mode
    • No self damage
    • Tread sounds reduced slightly
    • Adds 150 armor

Then if they want to take it a little further, maybe have it so he does something like 15 damage when under 33% heat, 13 damage when between 33% and 66%, and 11 when above 66%, though that kinda messes with his whole “barrier breaker” thing…

2 Likes

Honestly I would prefer the heat mechanic to what we have now. I would sleep very well the night I saw that heat mechanic rework text in the patch notes for the PTR.

I played a comp game on Rialto about two weeks ago and the enemy team (defending) set up a bunker on one of the forward buildings, and we couldn’t figure out how to break it at all. Bastion was close enough that he did max damage, combined with the Mercy damage boost anything we tried just failed because they had the flanking routes covered. We only broke it by combining our own Bastion with two shields and a Nano-Boost. (Thinking back I’m now mentally kicking myself for not thinking of an EMP.) From there it just turned into a Bastion on Bastion cheese war that I despised being a part of.

At the end, I stuck Bastion with a Pulse Bomb while trying to contest the cart as Tracer (they were only a small way from the winbox and I was just trying to buy as much time as possible) but he survived with basically 1 hp remaining because of the damage reduction. His Mercy and self repair instantly got him back to full and he tore through me almost offhandedly.

I know it’s just a game and I shouldn’t get so mad about it, but what else are you supposed to be thinking in a moment like that? The game was handed to the enemy team by a damage reduction trait.

It would remove him from sh!t tier finally! and place him into whats a bastion territory

Bastion nerf threads still to this day? This is really sad indeed.

This reminds me of that time someone wanted to nerf baby D.va.

2 Likes

He can’t do much of anything against Pharah
Junkrat can spam him while not in LOS
Reaper can 2 shot him
Sombra can hack him, EMP destroys the bunker like you said
Tracer can one clip him in his weak spot
Genji can deflect him, though that one doesn’t really work against a half decent Bastion
D.va can eat his shots for a while, allowing her team to shoot him
Mei can wall him up out of the protection of the barriers
Roadhog can hook him, and Bastion can’t kill him while he’s using his E
Hanzo can shoot an arrow, and then finish him with storm arrows
Widow can easily outdamage him

Not unless he was point blank… Even at 20 meters, he loses about 40% of his DPS. Not sure what building you’re referring to, but I know that even on the very edge, it’s 20 meters or more…

Yeah, you have to shoot him afterwards… It’s not as simple as RMB + RMB + RMB + Q + E anymore for a guaranteed kill on a stationary target.

1 Like

Hey, I’m more scared of baby D.Vas than I am of mech D.Vas XD

Zero Suit D.va is legitimately harder to kill as Bastion than her mech. She’s so small that his spread just can’t hit her…

Not like calling for a nerf or anything, that’s dumb… just saying…

1 Like

He was behind two shields. Reinhardt and Orisa. We took one shield down another got put up instantly. By the time we broke down the first shield the second had fully regened/reset on cooldown.

We couldn’t get behind him because the flanking routes were covered with a Widowmaker doing the right one and a McCree (with a Moira pocket) doing the left. (Again, I’m still kicking myself for not thinking of Sombra.)

He broke down my Brigitte barrier in under 2 seconds even while I was standing with my back to the museum’s wall. (I switched afterwards. I tried to knock one of the tanks off of the high ground to give us an opening but it didn’t work.)

After I stuck him I emptied a clip into him but the self repair + Mercy beam just outhealed my damage. (I can’t remember whether or not Moira also healed him on top of that.)

But I’ll save the tips so I can keep them in my PC for when it happens again. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

yes and what i tried to do with the changes was make it where he wasnt oppressive in lower tiers but was viable in higher tiers. and keep in mind bastion is near impossible to counter without teamwork.

I think an overheat mechanic in place of reload would be fine. Having both would be abysmal though.

Also no to having it force a reconfigure. Just make his ROF peter out if he gets too hot

1 Like

The last thing he needs is a nerf get out of here.

1 Like

Only if he got back his spread and headshots which you were grateful for the removal of otherwise they just nerfed him from the situation they attempted and failed to buff him in

3 Likes

Attacking the barriers is usually the harder way to do it… You can, but you’ll need to corner peek with Hanzo/Junkrat/Roadhog/Pharah. Have a Mercy and/or Moira heal you while you do it, the Bastion won’t do any real damage of you’re corner peeking (He definitely should, but whatever…).

Flanking is usually the best option. Use a Mei against the McCree, shoot him from a distance. If you can line up a headshot, it’ll leave him with 50 health, and you can kill him faster than the Moira can heal that back.

Use a barrier against the Widow. If she’s guarding the bridge, then the Bastion shouldn’t be able to see you, so he can’t break it.

Symmetra’s teleporter can also be useful for getting your entire team behind the Bastion.

1 Like

No more reworks.

For the love of all that is holy.

No more reworks.

1 Like

That’s kind of a d-ck thing to say don’t ya think

1 Like