💔 Bastion ISN’T being forgotten, he’s being ignored

The scenario you describe doesn’t paint Bastion in good light, but I am saying this as someone in the anti-Bastion camp, so I am admittedly a little biased.

In regards to your scenario, yes. Bastion can be overwhelmed by multiple characters jumping on him at the same time in a big rush, and if that’s done correctly, he falls like paper. (Personally, I go with Zenyatta and discord him, my team focuses him, and he falls fast). I don’t disagree with that. The issue I have is, that’s what’s required. In my opinion, if a character’s weakness is “everyone dogpiling on them at the same time”, then they’re a poorly designed character. Not necessarily OP, just poorly designed.

Wait what bug?

Whats with that Ligma?

Is hero 31 a meme already?

Edit: I just realised i wrote ligma instead of sigma
 There goes that joke. ok good one
 nice.

1 Like

You missed the only point i was making

That is how Bastion is easily countered when TEAM WORK is involved.
Pocket any dps and you need a strategy to counter it.
Bastion alone would still have all sorts of counters

wew looks like a ton of heroes got nerfs/buffs this update

Didn’t see Bastion tho so it’s time to storm Jeffs house

In all honesty this update (On first glance) Seems to nerf Bastion all together.

They still don’t seem to understand that Bastion himself is a victim of circumstance.

Have a good team?
You seem like a god.

Have a bad team who wouldn’t handle themselves anyways?
You’re not a “Hefty target” You’re wet cardboard.

1. Sweet gif.
  2. Not sure it applies, because I believe I understand your point. However, I may not have expressed it clearly (was in a rush).

The point being, Bastion falls to teamwork. I agree. That’s his counter. My stance is just, fundamentally, if a character’s counter is “teamwork”, then that character has a flawed design (I said the same thing for some characters in LoL, back when I played it).

Still missing the point.

The hero is rather easy to counter on his own.

In my analogy i was pointing out that he doesn’t become some kind of fortress when pocketed like others may think, and that when paired with teamwork on his own side, teamwork counters it well.

You’re still going at this like he’s somehow always pocketed no matter what, and calling countering the hero at all, needing teamwork. which is just not true.

been on the ptr today and 2-2-2 will be the last straw for me, been a good few years but the end is and has become close and personal. All ability for players to adapt on the fly is stripped out of the game the meta will be a version of bunker comp.

I dont do boring.

1 Like

Wait this is such a silly take. Turret doesn’t need mobility because he does ABSURD damage

1 Like

Yea, Bastion falls pretty easily when he’s by himself. I think we can all agree that is the huge issue with his design.

With him being pocketed and bunkered though, it’s less an issue of him being OP and him being the captain of the anti-fun brigade. Playing around him by developing this master plan of flanks and ganks and mega-focusing him is just not fun at all, and instead of playing Overwatch, we all have to play “get the Bastion”.

It’s frustrating, and part of what makes it that way, in my opinion, is how easy Bastion has it in that scenario. Yea, he’s not OP, but he reaps so much reward for doing as little as possible. All he has to do is sit there while his team babies him. My joke is “How to play Bastion: 1) drop in sentry mode. 2) tape down your left click. 3) Go make a sandwich.”

Again, Bastion’s not impossible to deal with like this, but a team building around him is the only way he’s viable, so that’s why I always reference that. By himself, he’s a throw pick. I’d like to see him be viable on his own. As he is now, he’s either a throw pick, or a huge part of some annoying cheese comp.

Omnics are soulless pieces of metal 
 would you pity a toaster if it didn’t work correctly :thinking: But seriously 
. Bastion is very strong in low elos and useless in high ones 
. he needs a total rework i think.

1 Like

I have spent most of my Overwatch career in bronze and silver. I never found him overpowered whatsoever.

1 Like

I started playing Sombra to counter Bastion because most people around gold can’t do anything else than spamming damage and have no idea what to do when this doesn’t work 
. if the enemy had a Bastion there was a 80% - 90% Chance of losing when i played healer/tank.

Well role queue is coming even to QP
 I’m not sure if I want to be bothered starting the next megathread any more. This is so blatantly forcing a meta.

And they’re again making a change which disproportionately screws a bastion who isn’t being pocket healed. It’s impossible to counter-heal against a 350 damage pulse bomb in time, but constantly healed by even a mercy: easy.

Maybe I’ll come back occasionally to play quickplay classic in arcade, but if the devs aren’t invested in Bastion then I can’t be invested enough in a megathread.

[ [],]

Not what I see at all. 2-2-2 can create more team comps. Nerfing orisa’s barrier nerfs bunker so the meta is uncertain atm. We could get a DVa ball Ashe McCree mercy Baptiste meta who knows. It sounds crazy but it’s possible

Also bastion is very meta in gm because of the bunker meta

Very meta? Hahaha, oh wait, let me laugh louder even more, HAHAHAHAHA! Yes, he has been picked more, but saying that he is meta is not true.

1 Like

Baptiste bunker is a huge talking point. Torbjörn isnt a hero in bunker, bastion is the main one

Meta.
Imgur
As a Gm bastion main I don’t even know how you can say things like that, but let’s say you didn’t.

5 Likes

When i Q up for comp i only hear ppl tell me:

Pick bastion! Pick bastion!

yea no it doesnt happen
 last time i checked players tend to pick everything but bastion.

1 Like