šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

Just stopping by to say ā€œHiā€ in my favorite Bastion thread!
:hammer::upside_down_face::shield:

7 Likes

My good sir, welcome back.

The dawn of a new age is upon us.

2 Likes

People should really stop asking for Bastion buffs. Look at what happened to 2 of the other main defensive heroes when Blizz tried to make them more versatile. Maybe Torb is maybe better (although I still think his old form was much better on D) and similar for Symmetra. You can definitely argue they are better but many people donā€™t like their new forms, especially on the forums.

Thatā€™s because they mistreated them.

If Blizzard actually consulted the community things wouldnā€™t have been a trainwreck between all of the ā€œbadā€ heros.

Instead Blizzard ignored the requests to not buff Sentry or Tank, but they took it upon themselves to give Bastion a passive, and it completely broke him.

Then they gutted what they added, which was IC, and did not compensate him, since he traded Sentry damage via spread and HS for IC.

This is what ruined him.

2 Likes

And still no Dev response to this forum, Ey?

2 Likes

Nope.

At this point Iā€™m sure the devs have denounced the forums, since even the big boss said this himself:

This is a pretty good sign that they havenā€™t cared about what discussions go on here for a WHILE now.

While THIS megathread was written back in the summer, I wrote the first Bastion Megathread back in March of this year.

Also #DeleteBrig didnā€™t even start on the forums. This shows that the devs are just out of touch with the community as a whole.

3 Likes

Honestly, in my opinionā€¦ Jeff in particular has been acting rather childish, and without much thought.

I would fire the man if he worked for me.

When asked where the most recent dev discussions were, or if there would be more, he responded with:

Boiled down all this says is:

ā€œWe stream sometimes, why are you asking about us? maybe you missed those.ā€

I would say that is something i would expect from a random forum user of around twelve years of age, but i donā€™t want to insult those of a younger age.

Either way, that is not behavior befitting of a spokesperson nor public speaker.

2 Likes

Iirc he used to throw tantrums if a WoW raid wasnā€™t going his way, though I may be confusing people.

1 Like

Oof.

I never mean to point fingers, but honestly i find it hard to ignore his brash behavior.

Listing things such as:

Up to three times in a row, when asked about updates and real feedback, is not just playful banterā€¦ it can be seen as rather insulting when in the right context.

1 Like

Welcome back dude :3!

3 Likes

Tbh same. My only issue with scatter was how he could one shot tanks. That was too strong against a hero designed to take damage. I donā€™t think any tank should be one shot able. This is why Winston qol changes were so good Imo and why I thought roadhog changes were fine. Winston shouldnā€™t be killed by hook blast. Zarya shouldnā€™t be deleted by a random scatter .
But 275? 300 dps for scatter? Still strong, still cooldown intensive and uses against heroes it was made for. But they didnā€™t bother? They do this too much with justā€¦ Throwing out something instead of being creative and Iā€™m exhausted

Or it can be scene as ā€œThey are actually working on three super things that are big enough to get mentioned but unusual enough to not tell us what they areā€.

And I do kinda agree with them that the game is not as far from balanced as some claim.

There are 7-8 weak heroes, and 1 who is too strong.

As from this, this is why they donā€™t post on the forums. They say something unprofessional and people donā€™t like it. They only act professional and people donā€™t like it. They just canā€™t win.

I just want consistency. Be funny, serious, or whatever. But make it clear and stay in line with whatā€™s being said.
Thereā€™s nothing wrong with joking. Jeff once said he liked a meme idea of like a wall climbing or flying torb. Thatā€™s fine! And I get that itā€™s not going to be a thing but I appreciate that you see our memes and care!
But donā€™t say you think Mercy is fine and then immediately Nerf her. Donā€™t say Mercy needs to be nerfed because of pickrates and then not buff bastion and symm despite their pick rates.
Donā€™t say you want accessible heroes and take away that access. Donā€™t be serious about balancing for one hero while memeing over another in the same breath. Itā€™s confusing and frustrating to follow. Iā€™d rather they be 100% serious and in line with what they say, or 100% joking fortnite style because Iā€™d at least be on the same page

Yeah Iā€™m glad they donā€™t just delete there problems instead of trying to solve them.

Its pretty depressing to seeā€¦ here they released Ashe andā€¦ I think thatā€™s it for the last months. A few skins are not a big deal.

And now as a perfect example DE from Warframe. They are not perfect but wowā€¦
In the last two months:

• 2 new Warframes
  • new Open world (worked since the beginning of the year on it and have even weekly updates)
  • new boss fight
  • a lot balance changes
  • new weapons
  • new finishing and mining system
  • broght new fan made skins into the game (every month btw)
  • new mods
  • new deluxe skin

After we talked about the rewards of the new boss they started a big thread where they wanted our opinion about it and the changes for it.

Mod was not working well. We created a big feedback thread and they came to us and said that that was important to know and they changes it the day after.

They even changes the ult of a warframe after week because we had a better idea!

They also do every Friday dev streams.
They also post almost every day in the forums.
They also do every week a thread where they want to know what kind of questions the community want to ask.

And now back to blizz:

• one new hero
  • balance patch
  • new skins
1 Like

Sorry but itā€™s so depressingā€¦ and DE is NOT a big studio! What is blizz doing and why are they so afraid to ask us what we want?

2 Likes

I couldnā€™t agree more. The day Bastion got his rework, Youtube Channels that cover the Overwatch news, were posting ā€œreviewsā€ of the newly changed Bastion With unrealistic Pockets and shields. Disregarding the fact most comps donā€™t play that way and that there is counters for it!

This was more like fuel to stir mob mentality instead of smart observations.

1 Like

Because weā€™re no longer dealing with Blizzard. Since the new CFO stepped in, weā€™ve been up against Activision and they are not going to budge.

1 Like

I have always felt that the time it takes to shift from sentry to recon should be reduced. Itā€™s terribly frustrating when you are getting plinked in sentry mode and by the time you can move youā€™re dead because during your long transformation into recon youā€™re completely helpless. Itā€™s like a baked in CC that you do to yourself.

3 Likes

Very sad beep boops

1 Like