šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

Bastion should have briggs shield in recon to compensate for his hitbox. Slowly walking and shooting (maybe on reduced rate on fire when shield is up). I can see them make recon be main mode on attack maps and sentry on defense. People would hate another shield hero buttt, it kinda worked in uprising ;). This and old sentry or (reduced spread) sentry could maybe add different playstyles for bastion.

Either shield in recon or ā€œalert alert animationā€ fortification.

• Fortification E - slowls down bastion slightly (while shooting or always when walking) reduced dmg or armor gain. Damage and accuracy increased while rate of fire decreased. Same thing with his gun would happen if he had a shield.

Its a unbalanced and ā€œfreshā€ idea. But if he had both defense and offense mode represented by recond and sentry configurations maybe he could fit in on attack maps while sentry could still be effective when needed.

Bring on the balance

Ps. With brigg shield he could still be hit from different angles so it would ā€œreduceā€ his hitbox rather than completely protect him.

I belive it could work as a push strat on attack while having a strong sentry on defense.

@ChibiFox before you sleep. Im looking at the rest as well. Show yourself.

1 Like

2 Likes

Thats all im gonna get?

How disappointingā€¦

1 Like

Since I stopped OW I momentarily play Warframe. I would suggest to check it out if you like PvE and loot. You can level anything almost and the community is the friendliest I ever experienced. Its pretty confusing at the beginning but itā€™s worth it. Look a few beginner videos to get the main idea.

210 hours on WARFRAME in ONE a MONTH. I love it.

Perfect game to play until OW get things rightā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, we talked, agreed on more or less the same stuffā€¦ Heā€™s not totally against Tank on E, just the Sentry and Recon partsā€¦ Recon is kinda fine where it is, Sentry would kill shields basically instantly. If Sentry is good, then Ironclad probably needs to go. I think that pretty much sums it up, could be something elseā€¦

I mean, Iā€™ve kinda done thatā€¦ I need to make a new one though, this one is a bit too crowded with dumb ideas.. Iā€™ll find a couple I like and post a mock-up thread here, make sure at least most everyone is on board.

What? Tank on E is still the most intuitive and fun solution of course Iā€™m still rooting for it

This is a hard one. Recently ive seen him played more and more and he is doing really well. Its just in a team comp he is the first to be targeted as he is the biggest threat

But! I am not a bastion main. Im not exactly sure how bastion players feel. Whenever i play him its a complete disaster. Is he just one of those situational heros? A must pick on attack junkertown?

• Tank on E but somehow has an extra ability on some button where bastion shoots a conc bullet or just a heavy shell that deals little dmg but has a knockback, one of these abilities would be used as a mobility on cooldown in form of rocketjump as bastion wouldnt be capable of jumping via his tank shots anymore.

Also scroll up if you missed my idea for recon attack mode, small thing to spicy up reverted sentry or just the spread buff.

The solution to that issue of constant rocket jumping is the limited, slowly recharging clip

Doomfist like?

Or is it something else?

Exactly like Doomfist, but slower to recharge

2 seconds per round is usually what I go with

Whats the rate of fire on that one? Can you dump bullets one by one?

Also can anyone give feedback to the idea I posted? Im really curious if we could work it out.

3-4 rounds maximum, same 1.11 second fire rate

And Iā€™ll check out your concept

1 Like

I could DEFINITELY see it at least working, but the reduced rate of fire would be rather odd. Only concern is how RIDICULOUSLY easy it would be to shut down

1 Like

I mean lower rate of fire but dmg is amped and so is acc, would work like a riot shield where you walk and shoot, the thing is would it be cycled on E ? So you choose healing or having your shield up on RMB? A crazy idea if his shield was super tanky but is linked to resource meter. So you breach and clear being protected while having good damage and range instead of spamy smg. The RoF reduction would only apply when shield is up.

And thatā€™s why I think he should be able to headshot. If I have the accuracy to get headshots with sentry, then I should be rewarded for it. Only time headshot doesnā€™t make sense with a hero is for an attack that targets a wide range, like Hanzo or Pharahā€™s Ults.

2 Likes

Yeah, explosives melees and beam weapons makes sense to not headshot, but a mini gun? Really Blizzard?

1 Like

Whats the point of headshoting with a minigun when you can just shred their bodies.

Because it rewards skillful playing. Anyone can shoot a body with Bastion, but nailing headshots (and continuous enough on a moving or distant target to get the kill) is something that requires much, much more skill. They could leave his spread, give him 1.5-2 for headshot, and Iā€™d be happy.

2 Likes