šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

~Squeaks~

Show me. Show me the thing. Do It.

2 Likes

Visually speaking, Iā€™m unsure of how he would fly, rocket boosters probably, but it is fine if new body parts appear while reconfiguring since that already happens in Tank mode.

Sorry I couldnā€™t quote it all at once, but here you go.

1 Like

I have yet to fully read what you posted, but let me say this:

If its a heli or somekind of VTOL he could always have limited ammo.

This way we could force him to land and recharge his bullets while in recon or sentry.

A lot of balance changes would go into this one probably :smiley:

1 Like

I mean after all how did the Omnics travel?

By Bastion of Course!

2 Likes

(THROWS TEA INTO BOSTON HARBOR)

Iā€™m getting my Minuteman outfit!

3 Likes

So once again, late to the party (some of us actually do sleep for whatever reason). Donā€™t really expect the other guy to read this, just wanted to post my responsesā€¦

Because being a designated shield breaker, and nothing else is a dumb job. Sombra mains are complaining that her being a scout is dumb (I agree), because she doesnā€™t really do anything, itā€™s the same thing with barrier buster Bastion. He doesnā€™t actually do anything on his own, he needs teammates to finish off his kills for himā€¦

If you can shoot people in the head accurately like that, then yes, you do deserve that kill.

He canā€™t heal while doing anything else, and itā€™s only 75 hps for 4 seconds. A fairly nerfed version of Tank on E (with no cooldown, itā€™s just like Sentry and Recon modes).

Torbā€™s turret has literally no spreadā€¦ Do you think the military would seriously buy turrets if they couldnā€™t hit their targets? CRAM turrets have to be accurate enough to shoot something the size of a football from well over 2,000 meters awayā€¦

The overclock ultimate gives 5% extra Ironcladā€¦ I donā€™t really agree with Pharahā€™s ā€œTank on Eā€ rework (Pharah wrote the post, Chibi just posted it because level 3 and all that), mine does slightly less than that. Itā€™s still not a godmode though, pretty far from itā€¦

I think thatā€™s called debatingā€¦

Calling people minions is a good way to encourage friendly discussion. Pickrates can be used to show that a hero is under-performing. It should not be regarded as the only metric, but it can be used to show other metrics. If he is objectively weak, then no one will pick him, and his pickrate will be abnormally low.

Only when theyā€™re very close, and if that is the case, Bastion isnā€™t the culprit because any hero would have killed them easily. If youā€™d like a more detailed look at his damage output at range, you can look at this thread. Once you factor in that enemy players will most likely be much smaller, and will be moving, he actually has a worse damage output than Soldier at anything beyond about 25 meters. And when youā€™re giving up mobility to achieve this damage, something is very wrongā€¦

That happened about a year and a half ago. But yes, we agree, that was dumb and shouldnā€™t have happened. Thatā€™s why weā€™re trying to get Ironclad removed, so that heā€™s not unkillable like that. The fact that a hero was once OP should not be a reason to keep them trash for the rest of their lives. If that were the case, then everyone would just be gutted and left to rot. As soon as someone got gutted, someone else would become OP because of the lack of competition, and then they would be gutted.

4 Likes

Hello guā€¦

sees people that think shield shooting is a niche

ā€¦ysā€¦

Bastion is oppressive

ā€¦ how areā€¦

Bastion and the word furry in on sentence

Youā€¦

Ok thenā€¦ what happened here? Tye last 367 posts where quite interestingā€¦ and still nothing new from the dev side but hey just as expected.

I wish he would be in the same spot as Mei is right now. Not picked very often but playbale and if you play him or her good, good in a lot of situationsā€¦

Also guys: you all have my deepest respect
Earned. Chi, Terr, Pharah, Prox and I started this so long agoā€¦ and it has still support. Thx to you all! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s all I really want for himā€¦ Well, if Mei got her bugs fixed anyway. I donā€™t want a buggy Bastion. [Insert dune buggy skin joke here, I donā€™t like that skin either]

And yeah, woke up to 254 posts, I thought maybe a dev posted or something, and the forums went nuts :frowning:

3 Likes

A dev posting on a bastion thread would get a lot more attention than just 300 posts.

2 Likes

Maybe all the Bastion hate just went into one post, and then a bunch of people liked itā€¦ :man_shrugging:

It was also kinda late at night, and since EST is the only timezone, most everyone must have been asleep

1 Like

I already covered that, he actually has a negative winrate in bronze and silver meaning there is no issue there. If youā€™re talking about low gold, thatā€™s close enough to silver that Iā€™d lump them together.

Iā€™ve almost never heard that argument for anybody but Junkrat. Also Sym can move everybody far through a choke now. Itā€™s kind of becoming the new dive. You canā€™t hold a choke if they skip the choke entirely.

1 Like

No, you didnā€™t read it. He always used to have low spread and headshots and it wasnā€™t an issue. It spawned a bunch of memes but that was about it. His healing rate isnā€™t going to change so what do you mean by fast healing? The drawbacks are losing ironclad and a bunch of ammo. He always used to get 150 armor while ulting before and it wasnā€™t ā€œgod modeā€ so try again.

Also the OP asks for a lower headshot value. Thatā€™s also only one of many of the suggested changes.

I donā€™t like the increased IC to 50% while transforming because that sounds ab-usable but thatā€™s just me. Thatā€™s in the second one.

The third is just the minitank mode thing. The drawback is having the lowest damage potential of all modes because it canā€™t headshot and has a lower bodyshot dps than even recon.

There are several more that were linked afterwords.

1 Like

How can I be a minion if I started making Bastion posts before I even met ChibiFox? Anyways pickrates are very, very important and so are especially low winrates. People keep shouting ā€œOP IN BRONZEā€ but donā€™t stop to realize he has a low winrate there even with his higher pickrate.

1 Like

Can you guys calm down I literally just went to bed and I woke up to 167 new posts :laughing:

1 Like

Never. :wink:

Not until we get an official response, that isā€¦

4 Likes

Youā€™re already out of bed ?

4 Likes

Same I was making posts about Bastion when the forums first became a thing 2 years ago. I wanted Bastion to be more flexible then, and now that heā€™s even less flexible that drive is much stronger

You also have my personal experience to back you up, since I play in the 1000 SR area(I blame my 25 FPS)

I woke up to 204 and was only asleep for 6 hours, all we missed was some debating on him being OP.

1 Like

The GTX 1070s and 1080s can get you to 60 fps and beyond. Theyā€™re kind of expensive but IMO theyā€™re worth it. I went from 30 fps to around 100 with a 144 hz monitor and a gtx 1080 and I made it to diamond. Kind of. I hit 3k then I got a loss streak and now Iā€™m sad and want to quit. This happens with every rank up. I make it, then fall under again, then make it back.

1 Like

Yes. o-o Chibi is awake now.

And Chibi just got done mowing about half an acre of grass, In the 90 something degree heat of mid day. :kissing: Feelsā€¦Hotman.

3 Likes