šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

I asked this question here a few days ago and Terran started telling me to lower mine, I probably worried the poor man.

3 Likes

If you donā€™t know already Blizt, Chibi is a controller using Bastion main.

Now imagine that.

2 Likes

PTSDā€™s coming backā€¦

2 Likes

Yup. Iā€™ve been on a Controller since the official release.

1 Like

Give a cookie to this man.
:cookie:

5 Likes

So I know the guy left, but stillā€¦

Actually, we have math on our side telling us heā€™s not fine. At just 25 meters, Bastion is doing about the same DPS as a Soldier (from any distance within his falloff range) that is getting just 25% headshot accuracy. By 30 meters, Bastion is doing about the same as a Soldier with no headshots. And when youā€™re shooting at something smaller than a training bot (for example, a majority of the cast) that is also moving, his DPS is going to be even lower. Yes, tank heroes will be a bit easier to kill, but not by too much, he still doesnā€™t take most of them out fast enough to not get countered by them (Reinhardt can pin him before dying, Roadhog can hook him before dying, D.va can DM him and have teammates kill him before dying, Zarya can easily out-DPS him if she has a decent charge and a bubble)

Having a forced 50% accuracy when youā€™re 10 meters away from your minimum falloff range isnā€™t ā€œfineā€. Even if they reduced his damage by 33%, and reverted his spread (33% reduction, and add bloom back), he would still do more DPS than he does now at 20 meters. I would consider that quite the opposite of ā€œfineā€ā€¦

No, if they revert Sentry, Bastion will be fine. We arenā€™t asking for him to be meta. I donā€™t even care if he remains f-tier. I just want him to do his job properly, and be able to kill things that think walking up to an active minigun is a good ieda.

This isnā€™t giving a mouse a cookie, this is taking the cookie youā€™ve already given the mouse, and removing the mouse trap that you put in it as a joke.

2 Likes

ā€œHeā€™s fine.ā€

ā€œTrashā€

Says it all, no need to go back to that ā€œfeedbackā€.

1 Like

As am I, and I use Bumper Jumper!

TORB IS GETTING MC ON E BOIS

BLIZZARD REWORK=ULT ON E

YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

At last!

So this is from some article about a Torb rework, but what Geoff says bodes pretty well for Bastion (hopefully)ā€¦

ā€œWe need him to be more viable on offense in a non-payload situation. It doesnā€™t mean he needs to be equal on offense, but we need him at least to not be a troll pick.ā€

If they see Bastion in the same way, which Iā€™m not sure how on Earth they couldnā€™t, that looks really promisingā€¦

ā€œThis plays a lot better on offense ā€“ especially because you can run up, throw it in a flank spot and be immediately shooting again and not feel like you have to sit there hammering it. Being able to use that and have an extra threat shooting from the side feels really powerful. We can obviously tune the turret if it ends up being too strong or anything, but thatā€™s the place weā€™re starting from.ā€

So they are willing to start a character off a little strong, and work down from there if itā€™s OP. Assuming they do rework Bastion, they might be willing to start out on full headshots and everything at least as a starting pointā€¦

4 Likes

He might be getting it, they said he might just lose it all together if they canā€™t get it to a good spot for an E abilityā€¦

I already said this before but then letā€™s just use the non Bastion players one only in case people did vote on both. Thatā€™s still 1k people. Even if you subtracted the number of people who voted on the Bastion players one thatā€™s still about 700 votes so really they mean a lot. Please think about things before you complain about them.

Itā€™s IP locked so you canā€™t vote more than once. It is multiple choice but it counts voters not votes a single person makes.

3 Likes

I am worried about what they did with Torbjorn, but not because of the changes themselves.

What if they just rework Bastion into another mess, rather than reworking him into what he is supposed to be?

I know Iā€™m just being pessimistic and that the devs are slowly getting their act together when it comes to features and rebalances butā€¦ Iā€™m still worried.

Edit: What if they donā€™t actually listen to us, and are just going to add some changes that 10 of their team members came up with that does something like increasing his DPS instead of reducing spread? Just a forced example.

Today we are reworking bastion! Instead of his gun shooting bullets, it shoots fireworks! Shoot them into the air to distract the enemy and let your team attack while they are gazing at the fireworks!

8 Likes

What did they do to Torb? Is it confirmed yet or are you guys talking about that thing talking about how they tested that?

1 Like

They said theyā€™re trying to make Torb less dependent on his turret, allowing him to throw turrets and have them upgrade by themselves.

You saw how it went when they tried making Bastion more independent with Ironclad and all, or at least thatā€™s what I think they tried.

Is this coming with the same update where his ult transforms him into a giant ghettoblaster?

1 Like

ā€œFor the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing themā€
~Aristotle
:wink:

2 Likes

Hahahaha, I love this comment section.

1 Like

In a fast paced game that is overwatch, do you think changing bastions TTK and damage over range would be enough?

Will they rather change somekind of mobility?

By looking at changes done to torb (not 100% confirmed to be in the game yet) it looks like they want to ā€œspeed stuff upā€, which is really interesting. How can we change bastion to fit the speedy boi meta (that everyone are part of).

Lets start by looking at all stats that ppl tend to pick in pretty much any game: Evasion and mobility over defense and slowness. So, what if bastion transformed really fast like hammond changes modes (maybe not as fast but still faster than in current version), plus with maybe only spread changes (just tighter, not adding headshots back yet).

The idea would be so he changes to a turret in pretty much any fight, rather than using recon all the time.

Other changes could be implemented as well. Lets just start with this.

After hanzo got his rework, his mobility became really good. Evading a lot of damage helped him survive more. I dont want bastion to do sick backflips and 180 off rail grind jumps, so maybe just speeding his overall slowness could help.

ā€œDebate this.ā€