Bastion is being forgotten

Good to know, but what does that have to do with Overwatch?

So I am guessing none of you have seen a good bastion player single carry an entire team single handed? I think he’s balanced enough.

5 Likes

Not just bastion got forgotten, but 3/4 of the hero rooster.

Since Year of the dog ended, I played again a huge ammount of OW (was skipping the game the past few months) and the things I noticed, is that

• There is Hanzo, Widow Genji in every game. Which was also previously the case but not in this huge rate
  • Not only comp but also QP went into an era of mobility heros only (some kind of mini dive) Everyone is picking the “cool heroes” and who are top DPS heroes with high damage potential and kill value as Tracer, Soldier, Genji, Moira, Sombra ect.
  • D.Va and Winston in every game, but mostly D.Va.

Because of this, heroes who don’t have any high mobility OR burst damage output are forgotten because 1. there is no reason to pick them 2. they are not fun to play (I assume?)

So my question:

• Why would you pick a bastion? Or a Mei? Ora Reaper? Or a Torb? Or a Junkrat? Or a Symmetra? Or a Doomfist? Or a Reinhardt? Or a Zarya? Or an Ana? Or even a McCree?
    No, not because they are so good in the current state of the game. Only because it’s fun to play them, and you want to play them. And that’s sad.
9 Likes

Bastion is played a lot - but he is one of those Heroes where you don’t need him for the entire game.

You only need him in key moments where you either want to hard stop a push or you want to punch through a turtle.

The only buff he needs is a total rework of his ultimate, because a bunny hopping tank is not fun to play.

As someone who literally has the Bastion gold gun and has played him since launch, I agree he needs a buff but maybe not a change that would change how people play him. I think a little buff is needed, like they are doing to Mei, just to make him better.

8 Likes

easy for someone who doesn’t main him to say.

8 Likes

They’re never gonna buff him again because everybody hates him since he “Takes no skill to use” and “is a POTG bot for people looking to farm them”

He’s been forever tainted by the Open Beta, and it shows.

4 Likes

I don’t play Bastion, but my friend mains him. I realize that bastion needs buffed. He needs help. I hope they can help our favorite robot, even just a little bit.

#BuffBastion2018

10 Likes

Instead of only shooting at tanks and barrers sentry could shoot at little heroes too before. That would make his kit less limited.

2 Likes

She’s still played way more than Bastion.

12 Likes

doesn’t that involve basically a 1v6 because if a Bastion is carrying his team he either has to be a smurf god or his team and the enemy team completely incompetent.

6 Likes

Bastion, in general, is just a poor fit in this game since it’s primary focus is mobility.

My thoughts on the best way to help Bastion is to rework his Recon mode into something that’s a viable alternative to his Turret mode.

That way he can remain effective while he’s on the move and he can switch modes based on what the situation calls for and overall brings more to a team.

I just feel buffing his turret mode would be the wrong approach because I feel it doesn’t solve his issue of bringing something while on the move and the turret easily swings from being overbearing and obnixous or being underpowered and shooting nerf darts.

1 Like

Forgotten*
(10chars)

2 Likes

You don’t seem to get it, nobody but Bastion mains seem to get it, he’s supposed to be in sentry more than recon. This has nothing to do with any stupid “point and click” things, that’s his main unique thing, and people are trying to find reasons we should never use it. Recon needs no buffs, sentry needs the buffs.

17 Likes

No, it all depends on how you buff, and how far you buff the hero that makes them OP.

When current Bastion is in a WORSE spot than he was before the rework that’s not balanced. Bringing him up to par, or even reverting him, will not make him oppressive.

As long as they DONT touch teh aspects of his kit that need touching then he’ll be fine.

THATS ACTUALLY WHAT BROKE HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

IIRC he only needed recon buffed, and heal while moving, but then they decided to rework his sentry and rework tank armor that then lead to him being nerfed BECAUSE of the changes they gave him.

Same goes for Sombra, they didn’t need to lower hack cast time, and people only advocated for a spread reduction. But then Blizzard dropped in the ability to disable passives, and it threw a wrench into into gears of balance.

Bastion just needs to be as good as he used to be, not better. THATS what ME, Terranguard, or any other rare-nonexistent Bastion main/player wants for him.

We don’t want to be the destroyer of worlds, but it would be nice if we could actually kill the enemy instead of sitting through focus-fire begging to be pocketed because there is nothing we can do.

You do not understand how how TTK works, and that’s his fundamental problem. He cannot kill faster than he is being killed. This is relevant with Tank Ironclad being GUTTED from what it used to be, and his damage got gutted in Sentry to compensate he got Ironclad, but that got nerfed and his damage was left unadjusted.

Once people complained about IC Bastion, they gutted him and left him to rot since NO ONE cares about him, or even realizes that he still exists.

11 Likes

I love this post. Great job. It’s a shame that Blizzard ignores everything related to Bastion on this forums though.

Not one word from the devs regarding Bastion since his rework over 1 year ago.
People reporting the tank bug that has existed for 2 years multiple times on the bug report section yet they still don’t care at all.

I’ve given up on giving feedback and reporting his bugs to Blizzard on Bastion a while ago.

6 Likes

If they gave him some type of mobility (on cooldown) while being in turret form so he could engage and disengage fights that could help him out…

Bastion isn’t fine? I thought he was.

1 Like

Mobility isn’t really what Bastion needs… Mobility is for flankers, and squishy small targets… Bastion is a Machine Gun.

Bastion needs better self sustain. Better: "Holding down areas"
And less: “Run away from any danger” -.-

A Bastion Should Be Hard to Deal with.
Hard to uproot.

Bastion isn’t a genji. Bastion is a Machine Gun.

14 Likes

I hate it when people who main a completely viable hero say this. He only breaks above 1% pickrate in bronze and silver and he only barely does it in silver in competative.

funnily enough, he’s played even less in QP than comp, he only breaks 1% in bronze in QP.

In plat, the chances of a Bastion being on your team is 2.16% out of all 6 slots and it only gets worse the higher you go.

13 Likes