Bastion is being forgotten

Has anyone else in here other than Terran and I tested Tank mode as a form for longer than a game? I think it would be useful for people to try it like we did to understand it better.

What do you mean ?

It was a bit difficult because we had to “pretend” to reload XD

Explain.

20 CHARACTERS, DEMMIT

People seem to be very confused about the speed of the projectile, and just how strong it will be, so please test this in a custom game. I want people to truly test it, and see if they can dodge by sight, if they can escape when flanked, and see how they can deal with a sniper Bastion as most of the cast. Tank on E is way more powerful than what everyone here is thinking.

Oh, that ?
Yep. Did for a whole day (bout 14 hours of testing… yep, nothing better to do.)
Haven’t found it to be that bad, tbh. You’ve seen the rework we’re proposing with GrantMan ?

You can’t really spam it that much and with the reduced damage/splash area it’s WAY easier to survive, even dodge completly.

Even with 4m splash, it’s fairly easy to dodge. Easier to survive than a sentry flank.

we went into a custom game with about a 30 second long ult to simulate a tank on E where it didn’t really run out. After 5 shots we had to wait about 2 seconds before we started shooting again but we also tried the weird DF type reload but that was very difficult to test that way.

You’d have to land 2 rockets (or one splash for basically max damage) on a 200 health target to kill it. They’d have to receive 0 healing in the 1 - 2 seconds you take to shoot them. They’d have to NOT hide somewhere when they get hit by a 120 damage rocket.

There’s not really a good way to test it in a custom game, because you can’t just hop in and out of Tank at any time… If you’re playing with just normal heroes, it’s not really the same as in a game. Normally, they’d have a Rein shield to hide behind, or a team to help shoot you before you got 2 rockets off on someone. You could do 500% ult charge and lower the damage, but if you’re not playing with a team that’s actually trying, I don’t think it’s a very valid test as to whether it’s OP or not… Once you take into account that you’re going to have to jump to get a shot off on them, you’ve already used 4 shots (1 to jump, 1 on the target, 1 to jump, 1 on the target) to kill someone. You could just stay on high ground I guess, but you’re still most likely going to have to deal with a shield of some sort.

If it does somehow turn out to be too much at 120 damage, then lower it to 95 or something… That way, you’d have to get 3 entire shots off on someone to kill them.

\/\/ Oh right, that’s probably a good idea \/\/

Can we plaese discuss that in

Please. We’re running out of post in this one and the OP asked for some margin.

Terran and I tested it before, 2 shotting Widow was broken as heck across the map.
You can’t balance things around healing being available, and factoring in that you could hide means that every character should 2-shot every other character because they can hide behind a rein shield… that makes no sense.

Phara is very delicate, but already has the potential to dominate people with slower versions of this, and NO you can’t hide from her if she is decent.

Now just take a few minutes to honestly think about how useful this would be if it DIDN’T 2 shot people… Which is why I am saying OP or Garbage.

Just get a jump ability in recon, why is this a bad idea?

1 Like

Not really you just weren’t looking while I killed you :3 I believe at one point I rocket jumped onto the roof with you.

She flies
And has a bigger mag. Which reloads faster

3 Likes

I’ll pick up in the Tank on E thread Blizt linked…

Thanks for getting the name right!
Doesn’t happen often.

I’m in favor of a flight form on E (details on post 4064) as a new configuration. The point was so that he had three forms he could use depending on the situation.

Sentry with high damage and no mobility

Recon with medium damage and medium mobility

Appache(someone else suggested it) with low damage and high mobility

Drawbacks include it being annoying to console players and the amount of “Bastmercy” threads that would be created.

I’m not participating in that thread at all. I hate the idea, and I’m positive that it’s going to be an overall net nurf to Bastion if it’s implemented. We will lose even more sentry power for it. This thread seems to have at least 30% of it’s posting related to Tank on E anyway.

It’s a terrible idea, and it seems like all of you just want him to just be too good, such that you are overlooking just how powerful this is.

I don’t understand why no one wants to even try discussing my Jump from recon idea, with better buffs to sentry. Tank on E as an idea has completely taken over this thread in such a way that any other suggestions just get funneled to BUT HOW ABOUT TANK on E!?!?!

The only reason I wanted to move to that one is because it’s discussing this topic, and this thread is getting close to full. Pharah wanted a hundred or so posts left to be able to talk about the next megathread, so I was trying to respect that.

This Tank on E gives Sentry most of it’s power back. They’re not going to be willing to give it all back, that’s not what they want for Bastion. They don’t want him to kill everything quite as fast as he did before. They’ve made that clear. This gives him a much better damage profile than he has now, while also giving him more versatility.

Also note the backlash that restoring Sentry would have. I watched an interview of Fitzy about Sombra, and his thoughts on her were that if you put her in about the same spot that she was, people will just complain again, and she’ll end up right back where she was. This is pretty much the same idea that I have when thinking about Bastion buffs… I don’t want him to be gutted again, even if that means giving up some of what he had before for something new.

I have entertained the “Recon jump” idea, I entertained it again in the reply in the other thread. I don’t like it because it would feel somewhat cheap. Jumping to a ledge with Tank mode feels much better than just jumping as Doomfist. Also, some heights require more than one jump, which would be impossible with a simple jump button.

I have stated this multiple times. It is for BURST damage. No, it’s not primarily for damage. That does not mean that you can’t use it for damage. It is a good source of burst damage. Yes, it is meant for mobility reasons, but it is also meant for either taking out armor, or finishing someone off… If you have a Mercy AND a Zen, then you can one shot 200 HP targets with it. But that’s the same for almost all explosives. I have also stated that if it is too OP, then nerf the damage to 95. Still good for BURST damage, but you can’t 2 shot something across the map. I literally have a section dedicated to that in the post that you refuse to acknowledge.

Imagine if they replaced Soldier’s Helix Rocket with a jump on E. It would take a lot from his kit, while adding basically nothing. This gives Bastion a source of burst damage, and a jump ability in one package.

Blizzard have done ult swaps on multiple characters now (especially if you consider they’ve been playing around with it for Torb). Bastion seems like an even better candidate for that then everyone they’ve done it for so far. I’m just trying to get ahead, and make a good plan for if they do want to go that route. If we give them something to start with, they can make adjustments what they know we want instead of having to guess…

Except if the jump is tweaked, those jumps will work fine, you are still waiting for tank shells, and again just suggesting tank on E for positioning. I have yet to see anyone talk about it for it’s damage potential in here, ONLY positioning. So I’m just done. Good bye Bastion. I quit this.

I hope the thread will be open soon…

Why did you become so hostile so fast? Are you talking about this main thread? Because not all of it is the tank on E idea. The most liked idea is old spread and headshots but probably with some downsides like no ironclad.

What’s wrong with that? It just shows it’s popular. Would you rather people talk about reverting spread and headshots? Because that’s been talked about for probably a thousand or more posts.