Bastion is being forgotten

Well, people often refer to Bastion as cancer so…:thinking:

There’s been a whole bunch of smaller threads though… I just really wish they’d just either confirm or deny that he’s on their todo list. I don’t need a “We’re planning on doing X, Y and Z to him”, just a “We’re gonna start looking at him after Torb” or something

Is this thread for real?
Bastion is great as he is now.

I get multiple golds with few deaths every game that I play as Bastion, and half my games I get POTG.

I never feel that I’m stuck in turret mode trying to heal myself. I have great success in staying alive with my self healing. The trick is to realize how much damage you are taking (or about to take) early so you can switch back to recon mode before you run out of health. I’ve even had some matches where I’ve done over done over 3000 self healing for the gold in healing with few deaths, effectively making me almost a tank.

Reinhardt is easy to bait.

If Roadhog hooks you and pulls you in, jump away and shoot him for headshots while in recon mode.

With Dva, you shoot her every time her defense matrix is down.

With Genji, you self heal while he has his reflect up, and then start firing just before the end of his reflect and keep your aim locked on him.

With snipers, you jump and transform into turret mode if you can get up behind them and surprise them, or stay in recon mode and dodge their aim while shooting for headshots.

I think the problem people have with Bastion is that it takes more time to master him. With every enemy character, you have to use different tactics. You have to know which targets to prioritize, and constantly be aware of your surroundings, and be aware of your health, how much damage you are taking, and anticipate how much damage you are about to take.

If anyone would like to see a video of me playing Bastion, let me know. I’ll gladly record some of my gameplay.

I have.

100 hours.

On Bastion.

Please explain how i just need more time to master the hero?

I Can’t even get my kill death ratio above 2/1.

Is this a rank gap problem?
I play at around high Plat, Low Diamond.

My stats are public, for those wondering.

REALLY Easy to Say But try doing that with a Controller… :smile_cat:

Assuming you can somehow get within 30 meters of them?

Without them Knowing?

1 Like

You need mouse/keyboard. A controller isn’t going to cut it.

You don’t need to be within 30 meters of snipers to land headshots.

I’ve never been above Gold rank, so I don’t know about Plat/Diamond.

I’m gonna go ahead and assume that this is either a troll post, or a vast skill level disparity. Bastion is the very opposite of great. His damage output is awful even well within his optimal range. He’s basically useless at higher ranks. He can’t defend himself. He relies way too heavily on teammates.

Here’s a post detailing his damage at various ranges Bastion's real damage output (kinda)

I’m pretty sure that puts him at the worst medium-range hitscan in the game. His spread makes it almost impossible to kill anything without help.

Yes, it is possible to use Bastion effectively, but you have to have a good team that’s willing to basically not play that match in order to protect you and/or you have to have a very bad enemy team that does nothing to attempt to counter you.

You’re literally suggesting to know the future in order to be good at a hero…

And then easier to die to when he pins you anyway because charge is broken, and Bastion’s hitbox is massive.

Assuming it’s a Roadhog 1v1, yeah, maybe… If the Roadhog has a team, no way.

Yeah, and them Zero Suit D.va pops out, and you can’t hit her because of your spread.

I have something close to 40 hours on him I think. According to Overbuff, I’m in the top 5% of Bastion’s, but it factors in rank, and it thinks I’m plat because I rarely play comp. I still think he’s extremely weak…

You’re now literally suggesting cheating to be good at the hero…

1 Like

Ah…

I Play on Console.
I would NEVER Use a Mouse and keyboard, as it is a Dishonorable deed to be sure.

Honor is the most important thing, No matter in games or war.

I Don’t mean to “Call you a bad player” Or anything… But yea…

We really are struggling up in higher ranks.

3 Likes

I don’t like bringing rank into things, because that’s stupid… but yeah, once you start climbing, people get much better at killing Bastions. They get much more accurate, much better at game-sense, and much better at managing cooldowns. Bastion is somewhat viable in lower ranks, but he’s completely useless in anything Platinum and above.

4 Likes

Down here in bronze, people are pretty good at working around a Bastion, and when they don’t the Bastion gets destroyed easily. However a decent amount of people in my rank have a hard time dealing with a Bastion centered comp, which I have no problem with. If something takes teamwork to do it should take teamwork to beat.

2 Likes

What annoys me the most about this is that I’m annoyed she’s getting help :frowning:

The next most annoying thing is how they’re listening to feedback on the PTR now but not back with Bastion. Bastion went on the PTR and there was no response to anything we said. We said it was absolutely un-necessary to change sentry. Guess what they did? Nothing. Sombra gets a hack rework and when people talk about it they listen and give her a rework a couple months later. Sombra gets the rework and instantly they’re listening to feedback and changing things.

2 Likes

Why is he picked almost nothing? Why is his winrates negative in both silver and bronze where he’s supposed to be king? Why do people get mad when I play him? Why is he considered a troll pick and “fine” at the same time?

2 Likes

But they deleted headshots. Are you talking about recon? Because we’re talking about sentry.

I have a mouse and keyboard and I can see the problems.

He’s bad in bronze and silver (look at his winrates there) and he falls off hard after gold in plat and diamond.

1 Like

I will back you up on this, Bastion is bad in bronze competitive unless he is being pocketed. Proof, personal experience.

2 Likes

I Actually made Bastion work in One of my so far Five placements recently…

It wasn’t Actually What i should have done, but…

The map was Kings Row, I was in a five stack of friends, including Astro.
We had a Grav to combo with… I Flanked on the highground, and…

Instant POTG. :kissing_cat::ok_hand:

But yea… Otherwise i can’t seem to even play Bastion, unless i’m going mentally insane for a minute or two.

Funny, isn’t it…

Bastion somehow works (Slightly) On Kings row? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Imma upload that POTG As soon as i figure out how…

It probably only worked because we (all but me, probably) Had Coms, and an AMAZING Healer.

Wasn’t there a small tweak on the ptr where Bastion’s damage reduction at range was changed from 75% to 50%?

Yes but that happened to I believe all midrange hitscan and Mei’s projectile. Bastion was collateral damage in that blanket change.

1 Like

True, but in Bastion’s case, it might make his 300 bullet turret a little bit more effective at range despite its spread and lack of headshots.

It’s not enough though.

While it isn’t enough, it certainly isnt nothing