Bastion is awful

They said Ironclad was named “ironclad” because it was a hint that he was going to meet Torb in the comic, Binary.

They were just talking about why some abilities are called what they are.

The problem is it encourages it and sentry sucks.

Being a shield breaker is fine. Heroes in this game have multiple roles and ways they can be played. If a team is heavily bunkered down you need a way to break the bunker.

As for the tank scenarios you basically listed all unreasonable scenarios. Can any hero kill Hog while he heals without ULTs, stuns or alone?

Reinhardt can “walk up to Bastion”. Ummm…how? Where’s Bastion’s team? Is Bastion just sitting alone against Reinhardt? That’s the Bastion players fault, not the hero.

After DVA uses up matrix she’ll get shredded and the Orisa situation you presented is pretty rare if you ask me. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve used Bastion to blow through both of her shields and then kill her even with Fortify on.

Zarya can’t out damage him. In fact even with her self barrier on he can shred through the barrier and kill her.

If you wanna make judgements of a hero it’s best to use realistic scenarios and not rare occurrences and hyperboles. I don’t really find any of your examples credible as to why he’s a bad hero right now.

2 Likes

Give him 500 hp to compensate for the lack of mobility. Also, he’s a tank with 300 hp? Plz fix Blizz.

Yeah, he’s fine at what he does. I think a lot of people just don’t recognise when it is a good time to bring him out.

1 Like

Being a shield breaker is fine, being only a shield breaker is not.

Other heroes aren’t meant to be “anti-tank”, and the ones that are can deal with him (Mei, Hanzo, etc…).

Okay, Bastion’s team is shooting too, now he only has 3 seconds instead of a little over 4… an anti-tank hero that needs his team to help him kill a tank is not an anti-tank hero.

Yes, but her team should be shooting the Bastion with her. And if she’s smart about it, then the Bastion doesn’t have the chance to shred her. If she puts her DM on her team instead of flying at the Bastion, then she still eats the bullets, but she’s much safer.

That’s why I said if the Orisa is smart about it. If she uses both shields and fortify optimally, she should be able to easily kill the Bastion. Fortify might not even be needed.

If Zarya shoots him, bubbles when he starts shooting back, and continues shooting him, she’ll win. Especially if the Bastion stops shooting.

Okay, is this credible? It’s a post describing some testing I did on his damage output. This can be taken as about an average case on tanks (the training bot is larger than some, and smaller than others), and a best case scenario against Squishies (the training bot is larger than most all squishies). Also, the training bot doesn’t move,a whereas players will. When have a forced 50% accuracy at just 25 meters, something is wrong with your kit.

3 Likes

He isn’t restricted to shooting shields. He can shoot anything.

1 Like

But he’s not good at it. Again, literal shotgun spread on a stationary hero. What if D.va wasn’t able to move while shooting?

Bastion’s Sentry spread is closer to D.va’s mech spread than it is to Bastion’s Recon mode spread…

1 Like

He’s certainly not bad on it. Like a lot of things in this game, positioning is key. With Bastion especially, you have to be smart about how you deploy him.

2 Likes

Dude we are Bastion Mains… I think we know it better. We know that positioning is key but he is garbage and that for 20 months. Look at the statistics. He is trash and we try to give him a good place again… wait… he was never good… oh… so we try to make him playable again. We should have been the counter to armor, 3xtank and now stun meta. He is not because he is trash.

1 Like

The only way to negate his spread would be to set up right in front of the enemies, which is a guaranteed suicide every time.

What statistics?

Yeah like I said, positioning takes a bit more thought than other heroes. You’re probably not used to it.

Yes? That’s sort of the point. He is easily the highest damage output in the game. He requires team work, in a team work game.

Don’t get me wrong, he is bad, but is core premise isn’t fundamentally flawed just because “I can’t 1v1 in this team game”.

That’s like saying soccer goalies are “under powered because they cannot score goals from that far away”. Different role, different team dynamic. A soccer team wouldn’t work with 11 goalies and no forwards. They work together.

I wouldn’t think that would still be difficult to understand…

Probably this one

I have like 80-100 or so hours of “used to it”… and are actually you saying that you’re supposed to walk up to enemies, then go into Sentry to shoot them?

1 Like

Even if you assume that he’s hitting 100% of his bullets (which never happens), Reaper and Hanzo still have a higher potential DPS than Bastion.

The difference between goalie and a sentry Bastion is that a goalie can move. And a goalie can do his job defending the goal. And here is Bastion, staying over here and being an easy target.

Oh yeah, I remember that thread. That was the one where you were petitioning to give him headshots, right? I think I said at the time the numbers weren’t a problem because they don’t negatively impact his playstyle in any way.

No dear, that was your idea. That’s why I said you need to be better at positioning because you’re obviously struggling with him.

• Hanzo: 0.8 shots per second, 125 damage per shot, 100 sustainable dps

• Reaper: 2 shots per second, 140 damage per shot, 280 sustainable dps

• Bastion: 30 shots but second, 15 damage per shot, 450 sustainable dps.

Go on?

I didn’t suggest giving him headshots in that thread, that was too point out his awful forced accuracy.

Could you please explain how Bastion is supposed to be played then? Also, thank you for being so condescending, it really makes you look like you know what you’re talking about, and really strengthens your argument.

2 Likes

Reaper can get headshots, which puts him at 560.

Hanzo has Storm Arrows, which is 70 damage × 4 arrows per second × 2 for headshots.

If you’re going to assume that Bastion is getting 100% accuracy, then you have to consider a completely optional situation for the rest of them too