Bastion in OW2 thoughts

Since the Omnic crisis is restarting, the poor Omnic boi is going to be having hard core PTSD.

Will he be forced to fight his bretherin?
Will he join them?

Since Rein and Torb meet up (we hear them talk in the trailer), and Bastion has been chilling with Torb for the past few months, and Brig is always with Reinhards, that means there is going to be a mission with Torb, Rein, Brig, and Bastion. The Crew.

Also, extra, Zen is getting a mission with Genji (they meet up in the same trailer). Maybe Genji Hanzo Mercy and Zen?

4 Likes

They said that Bastion will have a big role in OW2 story. Seems like hes about to forget them with him assisting Torb (OW2 classic skin with the new armor and Torbs look). It will be a bigger problem to convince the people about this Bastion unit being on their side.

Torbjorn reformed Bastion, he gave him upgrades, new look, and he might have also deleted his memory for the omnic crisis.

4 Likes

Well, in the gameplay trailer, it was Bastion, Torbjorn, Reinhardt, and Brigitte… maybe that’s a sign

I’ve been speculating for a long time on this, but I have two ideas.

1. Bastion’s PTSD begins to return, and the Omnic is conflicted with helping its friends, or joining the forces it was built to fight with. (Not sure how this would be plot significanct though)

2. (Kinda a conspiracy theory, just stay with me here) Null Sector’s plans and Battle strategies are known by Bastion. They have access to upgraded Bastion units, as we know from the Uprising mode in Archives. Due to our Bastion’s origins (what with being a Bastion unit and all) perhaps this unit has accidentally had the plans forwarded to its programming. Torbjörn can analyze the unit’s memory and locate the strategies. (Question is, if the plans are sent into it’s memory, will it be forced to work with Null Sector, or will it still have its free will?)

I think Bastions arc will mostly be that he will be looked down upon by the general public and even maybe some heroes in the Overwatch organisation. Why? Because… He is a SST Laboratories Siege Automaton E54, “Bastion" who might have killed thousands and destroyed thousands of homes and torn families apart. Talon or Null Sector could also try to activate it’s danger mode. (Red eyes and basically shoots anything it sees as dangerous) Which creates a rift between the good relationship Torbjorn and Bastion had. (Maybe he might have hurt someone while in danger mode)
There is a lot of lore potential in this bird loving cannister of love and I hope they make his story great!

Oh yes, I fully expect the common folk to generally distrust and dislike Bastion. Bastion’s R.I.P victory pose basically sums up what people think of the units today. The only heroes we know are actually trusting of Bastion so far are Torbjörn, Reinhardt, and Brigitte. Hopefully they can help advocate a positive message and show how gentle Bastion really is.

2 Likes

Hanzo, unlikely because he is rn in a midlife crisis and I don’t think that would fit. Maybe later after Hanzo’s redemtion arc he might have a mission or two with his brother, but the one to Nepal looks and feels too much like a early mission.

1 Like

Only thing I want to have with Hanzo is a buddy comedy with Mccree.

OMG I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THEM ALL TOGETHER. IT’S GOING TO BE SO COOL TO HAVE A TEAM WITH THEM. It is literally a perfect 4 man team in relation to 1-2-1, it has to be now.

2 Likes

My only concern is how adorable he looks wearing Torb’s hat. :heart:

1 Like

They already sayd Torbjorn does not like the idea of a new Overwatch, so we are not sure if he will end up joining
That being said… Bastion is baby. I don’t think he all hands down for fighting.

1 Like