Bastion has 2 much "spread" what?

Go to the training grounds.

Stand 40 meters away from the dummy…

Kill it as bastion

then do the same thing as soldier 76

tell me who kills the dummy faster and who has “more spread”

hint : the bastion can kill the dummy faster than soldier 76 (assuming you just hold the mouse button down non stop instead of just fast clicking)

conclusion: bastions “spread” really isnt that bad.

bastion can literally melt anything in under 1 second at 30 meters or less.

2 Likes

I’ll give you a better hint, soldier will win.

This thread will show you how insane his spread is… it’s awful.

You know that character Sombra? You know how she’s an smg character, and her spread matches that? You know how she’s meant to be used at like 20 meters max? Bastion has a higher spread than Sombra…

3 Likes

You don’t clarify if you’re in sentry or recon mode.
Also if I remember correctly the difference between Bastion and Soldier is at 70 or more.

What a pointless argument with no factual evidence to back it up

5 Likes

Uh huh, I have literally never heard anyone say, “Bastion is not under-powered because his spread is decent” and nor has anyone implied that a bad spread is the reason he is not in a good state of balance.

Because viability should always be determined only by who can kill training dummies the fastest :unamused:

That’s one of his main peroblems, yeah. I’ve said that many times, so have most other Bastion mains. His spread is basically unusable, it’s way too big. If you have a look at the link I posted, at 40 meters, about 75% of my shots missed, and I wasn’t touching the mouse at all (I bound shoot to J)

Well, Soldier maintains his manouvrebility.
Bastion locks himself into position and is highly vulnerable.
Considering that, Bastion should get better rewards.

Bastion is awful. He functions to me like Widowmaker but sooo much worse.

Another quick note, Soldier starts off with pinpoint accuracy, and his maximum spread is 20% lower than Bastion’s. And Bastion starts off at max spread. Also, Soldier can headshot

Honestly it’d be kind of cool if bastion had like 0 spread on a super precise point. So you’d have to be like pinpoint accurate swinging about your death laser.
I’m sure there’s balance problems about this, but yeh

2 Likes

I would love pinpoint Bastion… I doubt anyone else would though.

There’s a lot of times where I switch to bastion and have to jump into mortal danger to try to spray down enemy shields, and I still find that even just going full auto staring straight at the enemy it takes so long just to break even shields at any sort of range.

I rarely pull it off before dying and it honestly makes me miss the bastion damage from before his rework, because I swear it was never like this in the beta and used to feel so much better.

I’m supposed to be a Gatling gun of death and destruction, so why do I feel like a garden hose?

2 Likes

In Hammond’s dev update video, Jeff said he was a “high spread hero”… I guess that makes Bastion a super ultra insane spread hero…

1 Like

You’re not accounting for Soldier’s headshot capabilities, or the fact that Soldier is supposed to be constantly burst firing for higher accuracy and more damage at mid range. Also, is 40m even an ideal distance to test spread against training dummies that have such generous hitboxes compared to regular 200 hp hero models?