Bastion doesn't need anything

Which is why i disagree that “Bastion doesn’t need anything”

Of course Bastion needs changes.

2 Likes

well good that was a nice exchange of opinions a wish you a good day sir.

1 Like

Ya see, that is what having real opinions and exchanging views is like.

Not just presenting your own, and denying anything that goes against it in any way.

That’s not productive, that’s asking for an argument.

I no longer have time for arguments.

1 Like

You know, if Bastion’s transformed in and out of his Ult really quick, that would help a lot.

or maybe instead of being completely immobile he could move slowly like being in a mei ult idk.

Personally i’ve always said, the moment Bastion moves in Sentry, he stops being Bastion.

2 Likes

alright what do you think could change bastion while still keeping his core playstyle.

What I’m getting at here is an opinion is not something you can magically invalidate because you have bias towards whatever that opinion is about. You aren’t here to talk about balance, you’re here to spread your narrative that you think Bastion needs a buff.

I offer you this idea, this strange idea you probably have never heard before. Bastion, as a character, has never been good enough to act independently outside of his team. He HAS to be babysat, he has to be built around to get any production.

Even if Bastion is given a ‘net buff’ that does not mean he’d seen more play outside of things like bunker, boss comp, and pirate ship. Why? Not only because he’s essentially a glorfied torb turret, again this is just an idea stemming from my opinion I can actually admit that, but because his play style is not that appealing to players.

When has Bastion ever been a relevant DPS or even defensive character?

Note, I never denied your opinion in this post, but I do believe my own when I say that Bastion does not, I repeat, does not need buffs because of the way he is made. He is not a good character, very poorly designed and no amount of changes will change that. He HAS to be in a bunker, he HAS to be in a boss comp, he HAS to be in a pirate ship.

And yes when I say ‘towards’ I mean for. You are very pro bastion and that is cute, but Bastion in the current state of the game or in any state as far as I know 6 months data has never been all that great.

1 Like

The entire point of Bastion is supposed to be that if you let him transform into Sentry mode while in your line of sight, you die. That’s why there’s a significant transformation time. I liked Bastion’s Sentry mode a lot more when it took longer to transform into but did MUCH more damage before his rework.

You already know these things, of course, but I imagine by now most people coming back to read this thread probably aren’t as aware of all our past discussions on the topic.

I get where your coming from but I don’t think hes spreading a narrative from what im gathering from this exchange is he probably plays bastion and most peoples opinion on bastion is very negative and someone who says he needs a buff is attacked and ive seen it happen on other posts. that’s what happens a lot of times in anything if you have the unpopular opinion and I think some people just get tired of it.

Back when Bastion could be played independently.
Which btw, was when he couldn’t heal while taking damage, or while moving.

This is not only denying my proposed opinions, as you claim not to do, but enforcing your own over anything.

“Bastion will never be viable out of bunker so why talk about it”

That’s another way of saying “I put my opinion out there and want to enforce it above all else”

Just… stop.

YESSSS

PREACH

This is true…

When Bastion transforms into Sentry Mode, he’s supposed to be dangerous.
Like, stupidly dangerous.

You’re supposed to have to attack him differently, which is why he countered Dive so directly.

No one uses TP in lower ranks m8 :joy:

2 Likes

3.01% but most people aren’t on console and that’s for bronze on playstation 2.24% for xbox.

1 Like

That is exactly what he did in his first post, he tried to defame the initial post because of his bias. He is in his own very bias and pro bastion.

There was never any point like this, he was never able to be played independently without a shield, Mercy, etc. Again his is that bias talking. You know, as well as I know that bastion needs, I am not saying can be played with here, but needs a team effort to make him ‘strong’ so to say.

After all, he has tons of synergy with other characters for a reason. Baptise, Mercy, Symmetra, Orisa, Reinhardt, and possibly even torb get the best out of him.

Also, you did flatly deny my opinion in my initial post which is a bit neat, but very sad. When you come into a thread and don’t offer argument but leave a cute little picture and basically try to invalidate my post all at once. That is denial. I highly recommend you leave the thread as you are showing me, and I’m sure these other Bastion things will show me that they and you can’t hold a discussion about the character without trying to basically make up things.

1 Like

In return, I offer a different perspective: if you played Bastion right before his rework, you didn’t need to be babysat by your team. All you needed was a team that didn’t fold the second you took cover to heal up. Though his healing immobilized him and was interrupted by damage, it was infinite. Bastion in recon mode back then could corner peek from mid range forever with no fear of running out of resources, trying to bait the enemy into chasing if not killing them outright.

When a team chases Bastion around a corner, there is always one person just slightly ahead of the rest. If Bastion knew it was coming and set up in Sentry form, that first person died. Bastion might still die from getting rushed, but you could be almost certain that with enough aiming skill as Bastion that you could take at least one other person with you.

Without headshots, yes, Bastion needs to be babysat… because he just doesn’t have the extreme damage output necessary to kill enemies before they can shoot back at a large, immobile target. Even a single enemy now can corner peek Bastion to death, without help, from mid to long range because of how bad his turret form weapon is compared to what it used to be.

hmm a lot lower than I expected maybe I feel like it’s higher because my games versing bunker or pirate are either frustrating or extremely boring lol.

Hmmm… perhaps i should go somewhere. this discussion is far too opinionated and i guess i don’t know enough about the hero to talk here.

I’ll be in this little known thread if you wanna talk real balance:

[💔 Bastion ISN’T being forgotten, he’s being ignored]

I heard it was about the same thing.

But what do i know, i’m not allowed to post pictures, be sarcastic, or present views that differ from the OP because that’s denying the OP.

And if you think i’ll be responding to you here, have a good laugh to yourself.

This is not true, as there is no evidence saying such. Bastion, as we know now supported by six months of data requires babysitting, even then he likely required babysitting when he could land crits in sentry mode. Let’s not continue the false narrative that there was ever a point he didn’t need a team around him to do him any good thank you. And your ‘memory’ is not a good source to cite. Thank you.

I don’t care about that thread as it has nothing to do with my thread nor the points I made. Goodbye. You can have your ‘bastion balance discussion in there’ even make another one but I’m not going to read your uh, circle jerk. I guess pity party is a better word.

that was my response aswell to his initial post but this is turning into a civil and interesting discussion I don’t want him to leave but I understand why you do.

nevermind I take everything back I posted right after that last post lol.

I appreciate that, I by no means don’t want to hinder discussion but a big thing with character balance is that many of us let our feelings dictate the reality we’re in.

1 Like