Bastion 3.0 rework concept

Can’t wait for Blizzard to completely ignore this and implement a buff to ironclad!

No where near 840 dps. But I dont even want to get into a discussion on this anymore, I think these changes are just insane buffs that would result in a must pick dps.

2 Likes

Hammond.

The same people who run directly into it trying to 1v1 while playing mainly flankers?

Let them be annoyed.
It’s a counter.

The recon change doesn’t seem like it is worth the trade off. He has to reload frequently in recon already, having it be 20 would make recon more inconsistent even with the extra accuracy.

I think that Sentry doesn’t need any sort of damage change, it needs more survivability.
2x damage to barriers is unnecessary, he destroys them already.
2x Crits is too much I think, especially considering most of them won’t even be intentional, which will over-all make his dps way too high.
250 capacity in sentry seems off-setting, not to mention 300 is how it would be in real life.

Maybe allowing him to self repair while shooting would be a good idea instead of making it better than what it does already.

And 120 damage for the tank seems way too high. Remember his tank has no projectile drop off, has a large splash area and can move at regular speed.

And finally, 30% is too much speed to add to recon.

Personally I think he should be able to shoot while using self repair in sentry mode only.

1 Like

The singular, focused abilities of Bastion are one of the largest ways in which he’s balanced; everything he does is incredible, but he can only do one thing at a time and going between forms takes time and makes you fully vulnerable

bastion rework concept:

anyone who selects bastion is banned for a week

Alright, i’m going to admit something… I’m tired.

I’ll return to this thread in the morning, when i can comprehend numbers…
:sweat_smile::ok_hand:

Astro! You have my complete faith in this.

We’re already close… Constantly being yelled at that i’ll get banned, while playing him. -.-

i mean if you pick bastion you’re just asking your shield tank to carry you while you casually hold left click and aim in the enemy team’s general direction

Thanks!

It’s 3 in the damn morning here and I have work at noon tomorrow, but I’ll be back tomorrow morning :wink:

1 Like

Actually, that reminds me.
If bastion became viable without a shield tank, wouldn’t he become extremely overpowered with one?

1 Like

No… i’m asking for a chance to play this game, and actually fight the enemies.

I NEVER Ask anyone, to shield me Because I’m playing Bastion.

If the team comp favors it, yea… i’ll go with the strategy.

But to assume that “Plays Bastion=forces players to conform to play at all” Is simply uninformed and uncalled for.

Well, if you ask me… Ironclad should be removed. <.<

It favors pocketing, and… Would make that a regular Strategy Instead of an almost used strat on Junkertown, until it doesn’t work…

more like tanks being annoyed. but it doesn’t matter.

and im talking about soldier/mccree style hitscan, not tracer style hitscan. one where you can aim midrange.

but if he stays as a dps, then hes fine. it always takes 2-3 tries to kill him anyway. its just after he dies once, it’s over for him. that’s his problem. same with torb.

if you want to play the game and fight enemies without getting completely carried by your shield tank, learn a hero that isn’t designed for toddlers

It takes a lot less than you would think, to kill a Bastion.

(I would suggest playing a hero, to help further understand their ins and outs)

And yes, you are right.

Once Bastion dies, he doesn’t have the factor of surprise, and at this time, that’s the Only way to get anything done.

That’s not right.
Bastion should be a deadly force from close to mid range, and… No one acts like it… Because he’s not.

Hanzo’s need to know that if they jump towards it solo firing stormarrows, they’ll probably die.

1 Like

And… i will no longer take anything you say seriously… good job. bud. -.-

Every single hero is/was designed to cater to a different playstyle, if you dislike Bastion’s intended playstyle, i… Can’t help you there… You just don’t have to comment on threads dedicated to the hero, either.

1 Like

No tank ability. His lack of mobility is a defining feature of the character.

If so, than this defining feature should at least be his trade off for strength again.

Not considering Tank on E, the rest (Mostly about Sentry) Is essential to his viability.

Boosting his strength is fine, and I won’t argue that he needs some changes, but rounding out his weaknesses and making him less unique isn’t great. It’s like saying that Rein needs a better ranged attack - that’s not what he’s for, and there is a reason why that’s the case.