Bastion 3.0 rework concept

Sentry mode is supposed to be the center of Bastion’s kit. Yes, Recon should be used over Sentry in some situations. Yes, Sentry should be “less accurate, more damage”, and Recon should be “more accurate, less damage”. But that doesn’t mean that Sentry should be useless. If Bastion were meant to use Recon all the time, then there would never be a point in taking Bastion over Soldier… Soldier does everything Recon does, but much better. Higher DPS, more mobility, good burst, smaller hitbox, can heal the team, can shoot while healing, etc.

I would really like for them to copy Hammond’s spread onto Bastion. He starts off at 1.25°, which is just slightly less than Recon’s max (Recon’s max is 1.5°, don’t listen to the wiki), and maxes at 2°, which is what his max was before. It starts off somewhat inaccurate, and stays somewhat more inaccurate. It’s not so insanely inaccurate that you can’t hit anything though. Take away Ironclad, and give back headshots. Or keep Ironclad (the worse option), and don’t put on headshots. Or keep Ironclad (still a worse option, not quite as worse as the other one imo), set his damage to 12, give a 1.25x bonus against shields, and give back headshots.

1 Like

It is so nice you took my idea of Tank mode on E with recharge mechanic)

Thanks! It took us quite a long time to really design and refine this concept

Too much to read, but Baastion doesn’t need a rework. He is not a Bastion 2.0 either. He just got a passive was all.

Well, I mostly liked the part where his E ability = Tank mode with Pharah rocket damage

And this Q is just the overclock ability from the main Mech in Titanfall.

I mean, the idea has been floating around for a while now… I don’t remember who I saw it from, I want to say it was Astro, but I could be wrong on that (the recharge part that is, Tank on E has been around since before the Mercy rework I believe. It was on the old forums)… Some Bastion rework ideas < It’s in this thread too

Not trying to say you stole it or anything, it’s perfectly reasonable to think that multiple people would think of it independently. And it’s a pretty good idea imo…

1 Like

I like it, very much, especially the part that configuration tank is his E ability, I never truly felt like it was an ultimate, of course it dealt a lot of damage for a normal ability, but it just didn’t felt powerful.

1 Like

Few things sound a bit OP but I like the idea. Overclock sounds really interesting and fits his concept (as a robot :slight_smile:). I’d be onboard with a rework like this that went through some balancing and testing.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t have the ability to test it in-game, so it would obviously need a second look over by Blizzard, but it’s been checked by a couple other people already

Please no, recon is what needed the buff before and that was why it needed a buff.

But then what’s the freaking point? Is he supposed to become a low dps wimp that can’t kill things very fast like Hammond?

Lower the spread and all of them are intentional.

if we removed ironclad then no. He doesn’t have the extra HP but he also has more effective HP with ironclad so healing is more effective with ironclad. Adding the same amount of effective HP as normal HP/armor means it takes longer to heal him.

Then you haven’t played Bastion. Hanzo does it first try all the time. you can’t do anything about it. Same with anyone that doesn’t have falloff.

Which is why I changed it so it didn’t copy Soldier’s weapon almost exactly and instead gave it much better accuracy and range at the cost of less ammo per clip

No it’s actually pretty much worse. Lower ammo is bad and burst firing is something Soldier can already do. One extra bullet per burst isn’t going to help a whole lot if you run out of ammo too quickly. His spread was too big and his ammo was too low and that’s why it was underpowered before.

Absolutely love it.

Post must be at least 20 characters

1 Like

Allows Bastion to see silhouettes of enemies through allies (all forms)

is this some kind of rinnegan 's mechanism or something?

Recon’s spread kicks in after the first bullet is fired. Soldier’s kicks in after 3. The point here is that you can deal more burst fire from a longer range, making it so his ridiculously large hitbox isn’t as much of an issue. Soldier excels in midrange combat, while Recon would almost serve a more McCree-like role

As long as Sentry is Playable In the end, i’ll be happy.

I can at least make Recon kinda work when i Absolutely Need To.

1 Like