Baptiste x Mercy: Thoughts?

I can understand that! Personally, especially in fiction, I like when people with opposing ideologies form relationships. I think they could both keep each other in check but at the same time, I know that sometimes differences can be too strong and break a relationship easily. I feel like if there was any reason for them not to be a pair then I suppose this would be the biggest!

I am not one for in game canon ships, but just for fun headcanon? Hmm I think Baptiste x Brigitte would be better because our girl has no male ships with her as far as I know?

1 Like

I thought you were going to talk about in game synergy lol.

In regards to story, there isn’t canonical evidence that they have ever met. But don’t let the haters bring you down. I see it as if Mercy isn’t canonically with anyone yet. Than everyone can choose who they want to ship.

1 Like

Forbidden love.

1 Like

If there’s ever going to be a canon relationship with Mercy, it’s going to be Gengu. Comics pretty much imply it.

3 Likes

Blizzard support already confirmed its roadhog.

1 Like

Considering how many other Overwatch heroes Mercy makers herself dependent on I think she’s not into just being with one person. I think she could very well have a relationship with Baptiste, Pharah, and Genji at the same time…

2 Likes

Still frowned upon in the medical community, even if it was a long time ago.

its almost like this is the story discussion forum and not the gameplay one

3 Likes

Possible, but we all know there’s definitely something going on between Angela and Genji :wink:

you should be the new lore in-charge for this game! sees Chu on lunch come take it before he comes back! TAKE IT!!

1 Like

Honestly, when you think about it, can you explain why Torbjorn x Reaper is such a “le funey meme xD”? Why is it funny? Is it because it’s two men and that Torbjorn is ugly?

1 Like

Complete dichotomy to the point of hilarity. Edgy and angsty goth with a dumpy obscenely Swedish dwarf.
It’s not fire and ice like say Junkrat and Symmetra, hard and soft like Zarya and Mei or the “dirty” and the “clean” with Jack and Angela.
It’s baking soda and vinegar.

Yet when people ship Lucio and Reaper (yes, it exists) and even Junkrat and Roadhog (who are bizzare caricatures themselves, despite having a shared history), at most you can expect a raised eyebrow and an “okay, weird” reaction. In case of any, any ship with Torbjorn the immediate response is that it’s crack and a joke.

Torbjorn of all characters is singled out as 100% unshippable. The only other ones are probably Winston and Hammond, since they’re animals. It’s pretty ironic, considering that Torb is probs the only hero with a successful relationship, a hot smokin wife and a bunch of kids.

Another thing is that he’s probably the least popular character in OW. Definitely of the original cast.
But I think the early confirmation of him having a wife and kids didn’t help either.

I understand he’s not entirely aesthetically pleasing. But he managed to steal Ingrid’s heart. He obviously doesn’t need the looks that much.

Maybe.
I’m just saying he’s never been a popular character in any area.
Either as a hero to play against or in the lore.

The reach here could rival the ending of Space Jam

1 Like

I personally view that baptiste is more suitable with symmetra.

I envision that when symmetra discover that Vishkar is evil, she will leave the organisation and met baptiste. There will be a realtionship building, but I saw that baptiste can truly show symmetra that the world isn’t just black and white. I believe he can show symmetra that she can redeem her action by doing the better things now (as symmetra would most likely blame herself for what Vishkar has done). Then both of them would be a vigilante together or join overwatch.

2 Likes

I really dig that idea, too! I would love to see Symmetra’s story move forward and for her to have way more interactions with other people/heroes in the story.

It would be so cool to see something like Baptiste and Symmetra traveling around the world, trying to make up for their sins by helping the people they meet. Both of them also share the same pain of being a part of an organization that has caused more harm than good.

Oof, I want it to be true just so that Symmetra could get a more urban/traveler skin to contrast her sleek/frilly skins :joy:

1 Like