Baptiste is a buff to 2-2-2 Brig

Yeah, the title kinda says it all. Normally, Brig can’t work in a standard 2-2-2 comp, and even more so with an enemy Zarya

But Baptiste changes all of that. Now there is finally a support with a psuedo defensive ult. Because Rally is an offensive/initiation ult, playing Brig in a 2-2-2 comp is extremely difficult. So instead, Lucio and Zen are picked. But Immortality Field fixes all of that

Not to mention how he covers up her weak spots, and how she covers his as well. Immortality Field slows the enemy done, allowing Brig to keep up her healing without having to rely on having two other healers with her.

He also buffs double main healer for that very same reason. Back when Mercy had mass rez, it wasn’t an issue because she was a main healer with a defensive ult (also, the only other main healer was Ana)

I think he might really help Brig with her reliance on running an unfun and OP comp, while not making her trash in a regular comp

3 Likes

I guarantee you that Brigitte will outheal Baptiste in that Support duo.

3 Likes

Maybe if the Baptiste can’t aim? But a normal support player should be getting like over 1k healing a minute

Baptiste kinda sucks rn according to posts here.Not as much as Brig, but I dont see anything mutually beneficial for either of them atm unless Blizz does so directly.

2 Likes

I get that on Brigitte. My Inspire percentage is usually over 40%. I typically outheal Mercy and Ana. Baptiste doesn’t even seem like he’ll be better at healing than them

1 Like

It depends entirely on the player, unlike Moira, Baptiste has to make a legitimate decision between DPSing or healing so his output depends on preference - I regularly out heal Moira by spamming his shift and right click.

Baptiste is probably a legitimate support in any support duo but /Moira, and even there he’s not awful as a character who can mainly DPS while Moira heals and then flex healing as necessary.

3 Likes

I hope you’re right, but I see a bit of antisynergy with IF and Brig. IF locks you down to one spot which I guess is fine if that spot is on the objective, but enemies can easily back up and Brig becomes useless if she wants to take advantage of it, and if she shields, IF loses its value on her.

The thing is, IF is for when things are going wrong or could go wrong rapidly not for regular usage.

If a hero’s hp isn’t going to drop below 40 then IF is pointless aside from distracting/demoralizing the other team.

thats more about you personally. But overall, Brig only outheals Zen, another off healer. We haven’t seen his stats yet since he isnt on comp yet, but from my expirence, with at least one tank, he should get the same healing as a mercy

edit: He actually gets outhealed by Ana, Moira, and Mercy in QP, but he still outheals Brig. That should change soon since dps and tank players are testing him out as well

Can we stop with this “Hero X is a buff to Hero Y” stuff? One hero isn’t better because another is around… then they are worse again if that hero isn’t there. Yes it happens but it should not be the decider between viability and non-viability. Brig is still a dissaster in 2/2/2

2 Likes

What’s your average at the end of the game
Let’s say for comp so usually 3 matches

I honestly cannot wait to see the average stats once overbuff updates him. All of these people talking about how he has the highest healing in the game. Rofl.

Yeah, Baptiste and Brig have some synergy. It’s not perfect, though, Brig gains absolutely nothing from his ult. And I’m not sure it’s the best - Zenyatta would benefit a lot from the ult and Baptiste could use immortality field to save him from divers and help him conserve Transcendence more.

1 Like

Umm what? Baptiste averages more healing than an Ana and a little less than a Mercy. I’m confused.

In a game with two tanks, ill get roughly 12-14k healing per game

Who do you play

I don’t really see their synergy being that strong–at least, not when compared to Baptiste and Mercy, or Baptiste and Zen, or Baptiste and even Ana. Brigitte doesn’t really benefit from Amp Matrix at all. While Baptiste does partially alleviate the absence of a strong defensive ult, I don’t think it really pairs well with Brigitte because it confines the team to a small area to work, and she works best when she’s able to move around in a bunch and whack enemies. Basically, that’s why she works in Deathball, and everyone is saying that Baptiste will work better with Bunker (which, so far, seems to be true). They do have stacked AOE healing, but any combination of Moira, Lucio, Baptiste, and Brigitte has that, so I don’t think it’s a huge selling point.

By comparison, Baptiste + Mercy lets you double-stack death preventative measures, and Immortality makes it much easier to Rez or much less punishing to spend some time on Damage Boost. It makes keeping capital players in your comp alive much easier. Damage Boost and Amp Matrix also stack nicely. Baptiste is also a bit better at managing tanks with his AOE and better HPS, meaning Mercy is again afforded a little more time to spend on Damage Boost. Basically, he lets her go all-in on an off-healer role rather than trying to juggle being a main healer and off-healer.

Baptiste and Zen is kinda the same way. Immortality and Trans make it really hard to kill your team, and Immortality helps peel for Zen. Amp Matrix and Discord again provide a nice little stack for maximized damage. It’s not as strong a synergy as Mercy and Baptiste, but I think there’s more there than Baptiste and Brigitte. Also worth mentioning that Baptiste does ~140 DPS against a discorded target, which is pretty beefy for a support (only Zenyatta has higher DPS).

Ana and Baptiste is pretty similar to Zen and Baptiste. Stacked damage boosts, Immortality provides some defenses for Ana, combination of Immortality and Nano can make specific targets pretty tough to kill, and they do pretty considerable healing, especially with tanks (Baptiste does 113 HPS to naded targets, which is less than Ana but can hit multiple targets. Also doesn’t factor in his healing burst)

The whole Brigitte-Baptiste synergy just doesn’t seem that good compared to those.

I mean from my experience, he’s actually kinda “eh” with bunker comps. He seems much better with a standard deathball with heroes like soldier. And while yes, Brig can’t use Amp field, the only other supports that really benefit from it are Zen and Ana

But the issue with Zen and Ana is that they are both easily dived and so is Baptiste. Simply play doomfist and it would be the easiest win of your life. Meanwhile, Moira, Mercy, Lucio, and Brig can survive those dives. That’s why those 4 heroes would be better with Baptiste

There is no issue with Baptiste and Lucio

Moira and Baptiste both are best at healing tanks so thats kinda iffy

Mercy and Baptiste would have a lot of death prevention, but both are on lengthy CD and there won’t be a lot of damage so thats relying a lot on DPS and Tanks

My first QP game with him I solo healed on route 66 almost all the way to the end. One of my team mates switched to Brig and we won.

Well brig worked just fine to make dive go bye bye. It all depends on what the enemy team is bringing to the table as to what characters are going to be useful in a given match.