Baptiste Hero Update (PTR)

I saw a couple updates on the PTR about Junkrat and such, but I really wanted to talk about this one.

I think it’s a great idea. I was watching a YT-er play him, before this, and when he ran out of grenades, Bap would auto reload, even if you had Damage ammo left. I thought about how annoying that could be. I wouldn’t want to be forced into a re-load when I still have some “ammo” left (just of a different kind). Personally, I almost always manually reload every character (i don’t just run out and auto reload). So, I’m quite happy that they gave us the option, since Bap had two ammo types in one weapon.

What do you guys think? Do you like the auto reload from before or do you like the manual option?

1 Like

i mean…its okay, though i wish you could reload each ammo type individually, but thats preference and its eh

1 Like

I agree. I would much rather prefer that, myself.

This a personal preference thing but good Baptiste players will manually reload their weapon just like Ashe players need to manage their weapon ammo.

I will be turning that off so I can manually reload as needed. It also means you will be doing more damage or healing in certain situations instead of be stuck in an animated reload.

i mean, there is no strategic advantage for it i just…i just like seeing reloading animations

Sounds good. There’s certainly situations where Baptiste doesn’t want to be forced to reload just because he’s out of Rifle Ammo.

It’s the whole reason he has separate magazines to begin with, so he can use each tool as needed.

1 Like

I think I will as well. I’m on Console, so I haven’t gotten to try him yet. But, based on what ive seen on YT, I don’t really like the auto option.

I don’t like being forced into reloads, unless I’m (completely) empty. And, since he has two fires/ammos, on the same weapon, that would make the auto feature problematic for me and a bit “clunky”.

Exactly. That’s what I’m saying. It’s why I like the manual reload better. I mean, maybe some people will like the auto reload. Its one less thing to “worry” about.

But, I prefer controlling when I reload. I do it with almost every other character, so I would like to do it with him, as well.

Edit: I know some people might think “who cares?”, that it’s just a small thing, but, for me, it’s huge. Like being able to stay as a ball and use my shield as Hammond.

Small QoL stuff, like that, means a lot to me. As they say, it’s the little things…

1 Like