Baptiste - Developer Q&A

I understand the way it works, my suggestion is if the dev team would consider having it effected by CC as is it something marginally different to torbs turret, or sym’s turrets

I just feel that it should be something not only sombra can counter outside of damage

Let me refund my gold weapons for at least half price please. Also, something, something, Baptiste.

When did Baptiste Join and Leave Talon in the timeline?

Wondering at what stage Widow’s brainwashing was in, if The Scourge was still in charge, if Reyes was Reaper yet and if Sombra was already a part of the team all whilst Baptiste was around or not.

4 Likes

Why does blizz team need to add low skill high impact heroes .
Mercy 1.0 was fine
The reworks killed her she Always needed high gamesense and positioning nowadays you play brig brig has around the same dmg output as my widow #rank 97currently her dmg output is somewhere between 8-20kif dmg boosted (same for widow) and brig does ludicrous aoe healing why the fk goats its boring to play boring to watch .
So why add another low skill hero ??
Baptiste will just sit behind a shield all day and amplify dds damage and make them immortal gj blizz

Not at all.

None, anymore. He’s completely rogue.

Haiti.

Listen, just because they’re black doesn’t mean they’re related. Consider that they’re from three different countries with three different family names.

This question makes no sense. Baptiste was the only Talon soldier not wearing a helmet in his origin trailer.

It’s astounding to me how many people in this thread are asking questions that have already been answered, or are just completely silly.

Suggestion:
What if his nade splash did more damage that the impact to keep his single target dmg at a reasonable level.

• Allows him to have a greater effect at damaging groups while staying the same with single targets
  • shields would be taking more damage when junk is hitting nearby enemies over the shield from high ground
  • Missed nades to be a greater threat and zone a small area, denying space for goats to walk

Players complained to no end about resurrect…why do you think adding invulnerability is a good idea?
Did the developers take time to rationalize the ramifications of not even making it an ultimate?
That’s way too damn strong an ability to simply remain on a cooldown, especially since it can work on an entire team. Releasing this hero as-is, will be a horrible mistake.

did Baptiste have any friends from the Coalition join him in Talon? If so, were they part of the troop sent to reclaim him, or is it possible that we could see more of the CC in future comics/shorts/origins?

Maybe even Archives!

1 Like

you do buffs or nerfs like
basion: buffs
briggte: nerfs
#NerfBastion

How soon will it be before Baptiste is nerfed into oblivion?
You know, like you’ve done with Brigitte and Mercy?

How come they don’t get massive buffs that make them horrendously overpowered with zero skill required, like Spamrat and Spamzo?

Why are only damage characters allowed to ruin the balance and make the game a truly miserable experience?

Never mind. I already know the answer - you only care about esports.

I think they’ve fixed it on PTR.

Did you miss the mercy meta?
Did you miss early brig?

1 Like

Could you explain the design process behind the little robot arm on his back?

It looks like the arm deploys the ultimate but that seems like a lot more work compared to a deployable like Orisa’s Shield.

It’s such a unique addition! I really want to know how it came to be and if it does anything particularly cool, is it AI, how does Baptiste control it? Does it have a name?

4 Likes

Did he get a Spitfire colour scheme because they won OWL S1 or was it just coincidence?

There is a lot of Q and very little A in this thread

4 Likes

They do a video in the next few weeks to answer questions, it’s what they did fo Brig too

1 Like

With hero 30 will that help keep the leavers from leaving in the middle of comp matches???

Do the dev team recognise the large amount of former Symmetra ‘mains’ that no longer play her due to strongly disliking the rework? How do you feel about the rework in general? Is there any realistic chance of a revert?

You must have missed the “Baptiste” part of the title.

2 Likes