Baptiste - Developer Q&A Answers

Hahahaha I love how this “answer” completely avoids answering the question. W/e we all know these Blizzard Q&A’s are worthless anyway.

1 Like

why is game such garbage?

1 Like

Its not garbage, its just that your mad at the game because your either bad, have bad wifi, or have annoying team8ts. Dont say its garbage though because its actually a decent game, wait, no its more than decent. its amazing. Just try playing a different way then how you do now. look at the game from a different angle. Or maybe the game just isnt for you. if so then dont play. and dont say comments like this! ;D

Just a question, is doomfist in any way related or friends with baptiste?

It bothers me that they said that Baptiste’s history means that he “doesn’t fit the profile of someone Overwatch would immediatly consider recruiting”, and yet they had Black Watch.

Not to mention they recruited a crime lord assassin, (Genji) and a former Talon agent. (McCree)

But they dismantled BlackWatch and Blackwatch was also one of the major reasons Overwatch ended up being hated and disbanded too…

If Baptiste left recently in the lore, you have to ask yourself whether Winston is the type to take him in right away as an ex-talon agent or if he’d rather watch and hear of his good deeds over time before considering him in the newly reformed Overwatch.

Hey all,

I wanted to follow-up on this. It was previously noted that Baptiste would be unlocked in Competitive Play one week after his initial release. This was incorrect. Baptiste will be playable in Competitive Play two weeks after his launch this Tuesday.

This change has been updated and revised in the original post.

Thank you.

11 Likes

There should be a game to see which two characters can have the longest logical conversation using only their voice lines.

4 Likes

if their is a new charactor could they be in any relation to mei?

They honestly don’t care at this point. Their only concern is OWL, and they push out characters in hopes of staying relevant and exciting. I wish they’d put as much effort into fixing their games as they do mass producing heroes as of late.

2 Likes

One hero every 4 months, as has been the case since the beginning. That is not mass production lmao.

4 Likes

Touche, I still feel that if they put more effort into fixing the game instead of trying to put new content out we would all benefit more. Especially since some of these characters are part of the problem itself.

1 Like

Is this not what the PTR is for?

2 Likes

PTR is a sub optimal testing environment due to pings, and playerbase.

Optimal testing environment is live, optimal testing time is minimally a few weeks to a month or two.

They are squeezing the development juice as much as they can.

No. It’s for bug testing.

I do agree with this, but it’s better than not testing; obviously nothing will be as good as live, but you can try to make it the best you can unless we’d rather have another mercy-rework-like situation.

That’s part of it but I’m pretty sure it’s to actually test content. If I recall correctly, the devs said that they didn’t think Mercy’s rez after rework was really an issue because nobody gave feedback that they were rezzing way more people in the PTR (essentially low-key blaming the community), meaning a purpose of the PTR is to test all changes.

I find myself worried that Baptiste is going to end up enhancing GOATS dramatically, rather than destroy it. I could definitely see a good player utilizing Baptiste’s package to run rampant with a 3-3, especially considering his potential DPS.

This character is going to make waves.

Mechanically, no it’s not.

What about if the rez would have a longer range in valkyrie, so we can stay out of trouble more easily in different situations (rezing more easily behind corners, mid-air or behind shields).

1 Like

I’m not interested in lore. I just play to shoot things. … like crates and balloons…