Baptise is lowkey OP

which is why brig is so powerful and most low ranks don’t understand why. She can deal with so much, she has peel, pocket, aoe heals and damage that’s weak in 1v1 but adds up surprisingly fast during brawls. She can pretty much answers to anything a team can throw her way, she only struggles with range, but this is an objective based game so no mattr what you’ll have to enter her zone

1 Like

No ofc not anytime someone says a support is overtuned they are apparently either
a) A Samito cult member
b) A “salty” DPS or flanker main

oh yes those are totally the only people that have issues with characters like brig, moira and bap.
Those three have clear design issues.

And it’s not even about op. Orbs aren’t op, but they’re still an awul design of an ability. IF and brig’s entire kit are problematic and will stay problematic no matter the number changes.
Brig needs an actual rework and if should be changed into something else

1 Like

A lot of people on here have been asking for a rework, both supports and non supports. Blizzard just doesn’t wanna.

I disagree. He is extremely vocal about his hate for support characters. And since he’s “Pro” with a decent sized following, he has an influence on a lot of people - including the devs who seem to always nerf characters Samito doesn’t approve of. They FINALLY give Bap a reasonable buff, and SURPRISE SURPISE, Samito is not happy about it and want’s the buff reversed - just like they did with Brig. That dude is literal cancer for this game.

Geoff said they consistently discuss reworking her to a tank in OW2, which is only a few months away

I think they nerfed her HP to leave her in a non-OP state while they work on her internally

source please? cause i’m actually curious

I know it’s crazy but maybe these heroes get nerfed because they are overtuned and Samito has a good understanding of balance so he says that

Meanwhile all the other pros agree too but I don’t see you complaining about them

LOL

How is it reasonable to almost double the size of a hero’s ult when he just got an ult charge buff, an HPS buff, and a gun fire rate buff a week ago and has been rising in pickrate like crazy

He was already made super strong after his recent set of buffs and did NOT need such a huge ult buff on top of it

i do honestly think the ult buff was good, it’s the rest that he didn’t need

Personally I wouldn’t put too much stock in it.

Overwatch Reddit AMA from 2 months ago, here is a thread with a lot of the answers

ye samito is the only player that both plays the game, and is capable of creating their own opinion.

Yes don’t put stock in something the head of Hero Design/Balance says they’ve been “talking a lot about, especially as we’re working on OW2” and “comes up pretty consistently in conversations”

He is not a pro right now by any means; he is just a content creator/streamer

I mean there’s hundreds of other steamers too, a lot of which have a bigger audience than Samito. And if they balanced the game solely off of Samtio, they would never have buffed Brig/Bap in the first place.

I mean… so do thousands of other people. Just look on the forums where people have been asking for Bap nerfs before he even said anything. He is just of many voices; it is just his happens to be more vocal and proactive than most

1 Like

No because they do a lot of conversations about balance changes and other features. It also doesn’t mean the changes are likely to happen, it’s just a possibility. Like Roadhog DPS, I highly doubt that will ever happen considering the character model/hitbox.

Game designers talk a lot about changes, it happens in every game and the vast majority of those changes never happen.

Baptiste is highkey insane

Literally a brig profile.

Also top 4 most played heroes are supports, quit trying to play the victim card.

Name says it all :slight_smile:

People be hollering for nerfs more than D.va right now.