Banning terms like KYS

Just a reminder - statement is that “telling someone to kill themselves can lead to them killing themselves” is not an argument and is not backed by any evidence and anything that can back it up.

You might as well claim banning people being toxic would lead to them commiting suicide because they got emotional over suspension of their accounts and were restricted in venting their pent up frustration and depression.

2 Likes

I sometimes say kys as an insult… im not literately telling them to kill themselves… its just a fast and easy way of responding to something really stupid or someone talking garbage. like any insults ever used???

1 Like

And arguing that KYS causes suicide rates to increase is logical? At least I had the courtesy to rebut your argument instead of spewing more childish nonsense like you have and continue to do.

1 Like

Citation to that please

1 Like

Thats a passive aggressive way of starting a generalized censorship. I’m on to your Marxism ways

1 Like

The fact that multiple people are on here defending “kill yourself” as a valid statement in any context, whether it be online or real life, proves my point. There is never ANY REASON that you should feel you have the right to tell someone to kill themselves. Especially not over a video game. Think about what you’re saying.

1 Like

so I cant tell my teammate to kill themselves to reset? what about saying F- you??? isnt that sexual assault? why do you want to f- someone? context gives meaning to words

Go outside more :clown_face:

Could just mute the person or leave chat.

Why ban it. The whole report system has made this game worse. You can not try and shot call with out getting reported. They banned ezpz and people still do it because everyone knows when they type it in. I think restricting it makes people want to use it more anyway.

Unpopular opinioin:

Want to reduce toxicity on PC?

Remove KB chat in-game altogether. People are MUCH more quick to be toxic through a keyboard than a headset. It obviously won’t completely solve the issue, but there’s a whole population of toxic gamers out there who will gladly tell you what their relationship with your mother is like via keyboard but won’t make a peep on a headset.

1 Like

The amount of toxic insults via voice pales in comparison to chat. This idea has merit. Chat can turn into a cesspool of slurs and insults pretty fast. Meanwhile, voice is empty except for the crickets.

Censorship wouldn’t end the phrase “kys.” Players will find other ways to say it and Blizzard really has no reason to censor that word. Blizzard already gives you all the tools to ignore toxic players so you really shouldn’t make a big deal out of this.

Context matters :slight_smile: 20

While the term is awful, you’re better off just reporting players who use it. Look how censoring “gg ez” turned out.

Keep yourself safe? :thinking: