Banned from competitive due to game not working

hey so i have now gotten a ban after being removed from games around 5 time in the past week because of an issue ive been having with the game either keeping me on the “game found” screen and never loading me in OR just putting me under the map without a hero select screen. ik there is no way to overturn bans (for whatever reason) but i personally think this is ridiculous as it not a me issue

7 Likes

Please fix your game it keeps on kicking me out for no reason the game starts of normally and then it kicks me out. This has never happened but now happening it’s not because of wifi because my wifi is good just please do something I can’t play ow it’s not letting me so please respond and do your job and fix the damn game.

2 Likes

i have noticed it usually happens when Ive found a match and also using the “while you wait” function like practice range or custom game at the same time. it bugs and then Icant select a character and I am under the map, then forces me to dc and get the comp penalty which sucks cause its out of my control.

2 Likes

Bump, This happened to me after a competitive game randomly closed due to a server issue.

Next game I queue’d up for was I was stuck staring at the robot on a push map with no hero select screen and eventually kicked for afk. Seemed as though I was on a separate chat server as well given no one replied or spoke to me

3 Likes

The exact same thing has happened to me and it has really demotivated me from want to play competitive, because I don’t want to get banned from it.

2 Likes

honestly a good idea, i kept trying and got banned for the season so it may be best to avoid play while this is still an issue

1 Like

This happened to me today as well :confused: Suspended for 15 minutes and I know it’ll negatively affect my ranking :cry:

2 Likes

same issue, when are they gonna fix it i got banned this season for this same reason

1 Like

Don’t play comp if your connection keeps dropping, maybe…? Here’s the official article.

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. I’ve linked the competitive bugs megathread at the bottom of this post, which archives and documents almost every competitive bug. I’ve compiled a list of similar posts regarding similar bugs under: False Suspension And Ban. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

1 Like

it wasnt internet related tho and happened 5 times over the course of like 20 games

1 Like

This happened to me 2 times, I ignored it the first first time after receive an hour suspension for “leaving”, when I actually didn’t. Happened again, now Im seeking to report it.

1 Like

this just happened to me too, it’s so frustrating and I have a 10 min comp ban now too

1 Like

Bump, still an issue I’ve had happen multiple times over the seasons. If you try to use the “while you wait” option and happen to find a game as you load into whatever mode you chose, the resulting game will be bugged for you and lock you in some position where you can do nothing but leave. Incredibly irritating if you are queueing for comp and are forced to take a penalty, even if you leave quickly enough that the game is just cancelled. You shouldn’t get a comp ban and demotion for leaving the game quickly enough that it’s cancelled, but more importantly this bug should be addressed if it’s been an issue for this long.

1 Like

Happening to a lot of people and they refuse to acknowledge it.

2 Likes

Yeah no. They are pretty much saying too bad it’s your fault
I should be able to play competitive if i have no issues with my internet
And no issues with any other game.
So many people are experiencing it and have been for months
Seasons
And still nothing
I have a wired connection
My party chat is completely unaffected when it happens but I should check my end? Nah I’v tried everything 5 times over
Fix your damn game

4 Likes

Bumping this up, it happened to me 5 times in the last 3 days. I’ve done all the troubleshooting possible, no issues with my internet connection, with my computer or my game. This time I got a huge ban, I still have 8 hours to wait.

It’s not my issue, it’s a OW issue, I get connected to the game but stuck in the hero selection and then after some time it just disconnects me.

2 Likes

I don’t play Competitive but I just do Unranked Play I had a 2.5 hour ban yesterday and just got hit with a 6 hour ban a few minutes ago. I have done all the troubleshooting that the “ticket” suggested and nothing. For me the game just closes. Like every 5 crashes or so a send error report window pops up (which I always send), of course it doesn’t tell me anything , like an error code. Seems the game just closes every 45ish Mins of match time. I’m at 80 some crashes at this point I think, on the last week or two. I monitor my task manager data and no heat spikes, power drops or spikes, GPU spikes. I am well above the Minimum Requirements

1 Like

I am now getting the same issue since the new patch dropped yesterday.

I have had 3 suspensions - each time I was connecting to a comp game, it would kick me back to the login screen for overwatch, display a red error - lost connection to game server. I had to close, go back into the game and then the suspension was there - latest one is 8 hours! No option to rejoin match as I never got in due to the servers!

I have been speaking to a GM today who has been about as useful as a chocolate teapot and merely warned me I could be banned for something that is out of my control.

My pc is fine as is my internet. I’ve scanned and repaired and reinstalled overwatch today. This only stated happening with the mid season patch.

Anyone else got the same issues?

1 Like