Banned from comp since season 8

hey guys,
i been banned since season 8 of overwatch for having bad internet at the time i been constantly requested that i can be unbanned and my internet as gotten far better than what it was the emails i got back where basically no goodbye (end the ticket) or go buy the game again if you want to play comp bye ( end the ticket) the support system for this company and game couldn’t be any worse if they tried
i am just wanting your opinions on this? have you guys had bad encounters with support as well?

1 Like

Unfortunately if you were excessively playing comp with terrible internet and sabotaging games, that’s on you. That isn’t bad support. To be permanent banned from comp EVER means you disconnected extremely excessively.

16 Likes

The current rules are that you have to take three season bans in order to trigger a permanent one
To get a season ban you have to at least leave the game six times. so there’s been at least 17 if not more times where you’ve had an opportunity to try and correct your connection.

Blizzard’s firm policy is that they will not overturn any competitive mode bans, this is to ensure that players have the best chance of making sure they have teammates that will not leave their games.

9 Likes

No, you got banned for repeatedly trying to play with bad internet, despite obvious warnings. This is entirely your fault.

4 Likes

I see you’re new on the forums, are you familiar with the rules?

You can find them here: Forum Code of Conduct - Blizzard Support and here: Welcome to General Discussion - Please Read!

The Code of Conduct states this:

Discussing Disciplinary Actions

This category includes:

• Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player, including chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a Game Master (GM)
  • Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Now i’m unsure myself if it applies on here.

Now in my opinion i think this ban is completely justified, you didn’t get your internet in order yet you decided to keep on playing.
Hold in mind you’ve ruined some matches because of that bad internet.

You shouldn’t have played competitive in the first place if you had bad internet and you knew.

1 Like

You need to have a good connection to play Comp. If you at all are having trouble with disconnects, or are having a freak storm that has a good chance of knocking out power, you need to not play comp.

If you play comp with a bad connection and disconnect, that just ruined the game for your team. If you do it once or twice, that’s understandable, but doing it constantly is not good.

The only chance you have is to contact the Game Masters via customer support, but I am afraid next to nobody is going to agree with you that you should have comp access after destroying that many games. You should have stopped playing Comp until you secured a much better connection.

1 Like

Seems like our support is doing very well instructing you in the correct way. You should definitely get another OW key for 10 bucks if you want to play competitive again :slight_smile:

I mean, I’m with this guys that you shouldn’t have been playing comp with a bad connection. Also, season 8 was like what, two years ago? has your set up changed at all since then?

course it has as it says i have gotten better internet since then

Well then, maybe try one more time citing the necessary info with the ow team, if not just wait for a sale and buy a second account and try then… If thats what support said it’s probably ok to do so, right?

well to me it seems pretty scummy seems like there trying to get more money out of people but i understand what your saying

I see how that may seem that way in your position, then again I can also see why the arguments our fellow forum goers hold water.
I tried comp for a while, then got tired of the rank and SR shaming and turned into an almost exclusive Qp player, so I see no shame in playing it that way.
Best of luck,
Cheers,
Santi

yeah no shame in that at all its more of the fact i bought the game at full price i kinda want to play all the game has but anyways i will try again showing internet speed ect see if they will accepted at least but i’m not expecting to be unbanned anytime soon thanks anyways

If it was on console you could just create a new user lol pretty simple

I haven’t got any season bans, but I would like to ask, is this ANY 3 seasons? Like, if someone got a season ban in season 1, season 8, and season 19, would that trigger a perma ban as well?

In that specific case no, The policy for permanent bans began at season 6, so in your case you are on your last leg.

i understand where your point is but shouldn’t you give people chances instead of instant banned? as well as season 8 was what nearly 2 years ago? is that not long enough for someone to get there stuff sorted i feel like there should be some consideration towards the matter instead of he left he bad he now banned

That’s kind of scary. I know I’ve had some computer crashing/network issues before, but I’ve always been too scared of losing SR and ruining games to play comp while having those issues. I’m a bit bothered that there’s no… what’s the word… “statute of limitation?” on such issues.

Well first off you’ve had several chances at the time. I nearly got banned in during season 2 of competitive play, for a bug that involved my hardware tgat was causing the game to crash. I stopped playing competitive play, It’s stuck exclusively to quick play well I continue to work with blizzard through various tech support tickets to try and narrow down the specific issue that affected my systems (note that I have multiple computers, and the problem was isolated to specifically my USB headset that I had at the time). It was agonizing, but an experience well learned (and on that note I would never become a forum MVP if I didn’t have that issue).

No one knows the careful balance between penalizing those who deliberately leave games and those who have technical malfunctions more than I. As others have noted you could try using a new account. but if there’s one thing that’s consistent here on the forums in regards to feedback, The majority of the community wants stronger and more enforced penalties for those who leave games regardless of why they left those games.

1 Like

Just remember that you know you are getting close to a season ban if you have any current competitive suspension at 8 hours or more. if you ever reach such a level it would do best to avoid playing the remainder of that competitive season.

1 Like