Ban timer on quick play leavers?

ya ya, i know quick play casual blah blah blah, but there needs to be a ban timer on repeat offenders. If not that, give an option to avoid joining a game in progress.

I’d rather wait the extra minute and not get thrown into a losing game thats 80% done.

8 Likes

Said it so many times. There are 2 legit reasons I can think of to leave a game. 1) you got real stuff do do in real life all of a sudden, 2) your homies just showed up online and invited you to a group.

In either case, I don’t see any reason not to restrict your ability to join another game.

6 Likes

Yyyyyyyyep, yep, yep. People on the forum want to punish leavers more, but also don’t to be punished when connection issues hit.

There’s no perfect world version of that balance.

3 Likes

One of the big reasons to play QP instead of comp is if you have somewhere to be and might need to drop, you want to skip maps or comps you don’t like, etc.

The solution to your problem is to play comp.

6 Likes

1.finish the game, sure you’re friends wont mind waiting 5 minutes for it to wrap up. this is probably the most selfish response you could give, lets ruin 4 other players games because you want to go play with friends.

2.if you have connection issues, maybe trouble shoot them in the time during the ban time to prevent frustrating your team or yourself further (or like every other shooter, have the queue option put you back in your same game when you attempt to rejoin).

3.dropping for real life issues? ban timer wont effect you, itll be up the time you get back.

theres literally no reason to not have a ban timer as all the reasons above make up for probably less than %0.5 of the actual leavers. and again, dont want ban timers? give the option to not join a game in progress.

playing comp because you want a decent solo play experience is the worst advice ive ever heard. lots of people care about their rank and wait for friends to play it.

1 Like

I don’t like the reason to quit QP matches due to not liking the map or the comp. I am fine if you want to leave because RL issues. I am fine if you want to leave because you were invited into a group.

“Jump into a game against other players of your skill level.”

Maybe if Bli$$ard actually did that then fewer people would leave.

Blame the matchmaker, not the player.

4 Likes

if youre worse then the other team, you lose. thats life.

1 Like

That’s one of the biggest reasons to play QP instead of comp. Everything OP is criticizing is solved by playing comp. There are different gamemodes for a reason.

2 Likes

you’re right, theres custom games for playing specific maps or game modes.

Paladins had the right approach I think in a way. If you disconnected and rejoined the game quickly enough you weren’t penalized for leaving. However, otherwise you were hit with a 30min session ban unable to join anything. I think including training mode. You effectively couldn’t play the game at all.

I think Paladins was too harsh on first offense. I think having upto like 2-3 leaving sessions can be allowed for misc situations. However, as it is right now I think I can leave like a dozen games in a row and only get slapped with an EXP penalty after some light testing I did. I don’t care about an EXP penalty if I still get to play. Its only on threat of having a massive timeout ban would most people ever consider not leaving.

In some cases, some people would flat out not play the game ever if the risk of having time out bans was too likely further getting leaver type of people out of the rotations.

Honestly, I think 5 minutes would be fair. But it wouldn’t prevent you from joining a group and the group leader initiating a game.

1 Like

5min isn’t harsh enough. Too many people will scoff at a 5min timeout ban. Oh, I’ll go eat food. Do some minor internet scrolling. Go to the bathroom. 5min ban up. You’d need at least a 15min ban to start causing people the idea of this is very inconvenient. The same level of omg why am I waiting 15-20min for a game to play OW, I’ll go do something else.

Its needs to be painful enough that people can’t just shrug it off. If it is painful enough you’ll either stop most people from leaving or cause many people who would be leavers on a regular basis to jsut stop playing all together.

That’s fine. This would probably be for people who leave a lot. not just once.

id be fine with 5 minutes tbh, 10-15 seems more sensible. also, most games that have ban timers give multiple warnings before adding the timers.

really need to punish the habitual leavers that bail at the first sign its not a blowout.

I don’t want to punish people for messing around in QP while they wait for their friends to get online. I don’t want to punish people for messing around in QP while they wait for their pizza to be delivered. I like those people.

I just want people that dump a game because they don’t like how it’s going, to SLOW THEIR ROLL. The people that just quit because they are quitters and want to immediately rejoin a new match hoping for better results. Those people need to be slowed down.

ya ban timers would resolve that. allow 1 free leave that resets when daily challenges do, problem solved.

people with legitimate reasons to leave (your words, not mine) get a freebee once a day. salty players with weak constitutions get punished for leaving game after game because everyones terrible but them.

waiting for friends or a pizza means you know you’re going to need to leave. so again, selfish behavior to start something you know you wont have time to finish. your time is not more valuable than anyone elses, wait until you know you have time to finish a game before queuing.

And would completely kill the game for a lot of people.

QP is popular because it’s quick and casual. Forcing people to stay against their will makes it much less casual.

Im not going to sit in games where the majority of my team is toxic in a mode meant to be fun.

3 Likes

so leaving the game and basically forcing a loss for the 4 players that stay isnt toxic?

2 Likes

Which is why you have a lease, but a short lease. The lease right now with Blizzard is too long. An immediate leave is too short. However, 3-4 before an immediate and severe time out penalty should be more than plenty.