Ban SMURFS ffs!

Seriously, smurfs in plat pissing me more than role queue. ONLY 1 smurf on new account is enough to kill our entire team. ONLY 1 smurf from Master or GM playing dps. Any dps, hanzo, widow, doomfist or genji. And this is serious problem in this game. Because I’, plat and I expect to play with other plat players. I’m not good enough to kill that smurf as I’m always playing supports. Also, our dpses from plat, are worse then smurf from Master or GM who is boosting his friend. This game is going dooown.

8 Likes

How do you effectively tell between a good player that’s going up through the ranks vs a smurf? I’m talking 100% certainty here, one mistake is too many.

calm down…

3 Likes

Do you think that player with lvl 30 can perfectly play genji or doomfist? And it’s able to kill entire enemy team? Well, maybe but it’s very rare, more rare then aimbotting in Overwatch :slight_smile:

they won’t because its cash for them. And blizzard is a greedy company.

1 Like

It doesn’t come down to what I think or what you think. It’s about being 100% accurate. I could think something and could be wrong. So again how do you accurately tell a smurf from someone who is just good. One person getting banned by “smurf” accusation is one too many.

There are people that could play for their entire life and never make it to gold or plat. How do you explain those people being some high level and not progressing very far? Why can’t there be people that start off being better than average who aren’t going to be in their SR very long.

some people learn fast or have watched a lot of guides streamers etc maybe they came from console you never know

How is wanting to make money greedy in any way. Its a company, just like every other, their goal is to make money. Is making overwatch in the first place greedy because the goal is to make money? Being greedy would be adding pay to win like call of duty has.

Smurfing is cheating (as per the in game reporting system’s definition of same) so just needs to be reported as such so action can be taken.

Smurf accounts on console are free to make.

(Also, smurfs are much easier to spot on consoles than they are on PC.)

ehhh i used to think the same thing. then i actually tried smurfing after i realised my playstyle was just resulting in feeding and i ranked up a bit to gold. please watch this video and bear in mind that for 15 seasons or so the people you see in this video were just like how i used to play. It really does give you a new perspective to go into games and look at what everyone is doing while trying (to a point) to remain unnoticed. At first.

Blizzard is greedy and so is every other company. If Blizzard thought making ow P2W would make them more money they would. But they don’t because probably everyone would quit and then they make no money. Even companies that donate large amounts of money to charity are only doing it for PR in hopes it makes them more money in the long run.

This is just a stupid mentality. Everything is built to make money but that doesnt make something greedy or not. Its things like EA ruining games and putting content in loot boxes.

If you think they are smurfing - report them. Let the majority decide - it’s what blizzard encourages.

Sometimes if you ask nicely they’ll tell you.

And most of the time they will deny it or ignore you. Or claim to be a smurf when they aren’t.

I have a friend that did exactly that, so… It’s not impossible.