Ban because of a bug

Hey,

I was banned from Overwatch season 3 because of a bug: it was the start of a game and I couldn’t select my character (I had chosen DPS and the cursor was stuck on HEAL and TANK). it kicked me out for inactivity and i was banned from season 3. i want to say i HAVE PROOF (PS4 video recording) of this bug and wrongful ban.

Anyone can help me please ??
Thanks you

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Temporary Ban. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

Hey,

Thanks for your help

First of all, sorry for my bad English but I’m French.

As I said it before, i was in a death-match waiting for a rank-game to pop. (DPS role)
The game started, I was on the selection characters menu, but the cursor was lock on the Tank and Heal characters. I was only able to choose Tank or Heal. But, because I was on DPS role, I couldn’t choose any of them.

I get kicked for inactivity, and then, banned for the S3.

I have record it with my PS4, but I can’t put the video here. I don’t know how to send it, to prove my words.

I had already left rank game twice:

1. Once because of a power cut in the building, due to renovation work in the street.

2. Once because of an IRL emergency, I absolutely had to leave.

3. And then, Because of the character selection bug.

I absolutely don’t know what to do for this injustice, cause it was not my fault.

Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks in advance,

1 Like

just wait it out.

simple as that

1 Like

Eeeeerffff I wrote a whole text explain the problem but the forum delete it I don’t know how. (And I’m French, not English, so it was difficult)

Forget this topics please, I’m tired of Blizzard games.

I was playing WoW years ago, my account has been hacked and Blizzard never agree to give me back my account.

I’m tired of those gaming compagnies who don’t give a sh*t about them players

Maybe you agree with those bad customers conditions in US, but we don’t have the same mentality here.

Bye

1 Like

You got a season ban for one single kick from inactivity?

Not saying that the bug you’re describing is OK - they do need to fix it, but it does seem strange that you would get a season ban for one single AFK kick.

Only suggestion I have is to submit a ticket with the proof and hope for the best. Otherwise wait it out. :frowning:

1 Like

The way the system is designed. they can not manually unban.

he has to wait it out.

it’s not end of the world, just come back in S4

1 Like

A video would be very helpful actually. Most players either upload the video to Youtube or Reddit and copy the link in the comments but there might be other methods I’m not aware of. As for getting unbanned, the only two ways of doing so are either to create a support ticket explaining your situation and providing proof and hope that a developer reads it and unbans your account, or you can simply wait until the ban is lifted. As for poor customer service, I’m afraid that’s a pattern that is only becoming more common in the gaming industry as a whole, not just Blizzard, and one that has no signs of stopping. Still, I hope this was helpful to you somehow.