Ban appeal for overwatch comp

i got told to post a ban appeal here by one well it was weird i left one match before this happened nothing happened i was playing comp and my internet went down due to some stupid stuff the company was doing so when i went back in i saw that i was banned not for the season forever when i asked about this to the appeal ban people they always said nothing they can do and disconnected chat wouldn’t tell me why i got banned. after this i stop playing overwatch for roughly a year i only recently got back into it because of a friend but now he want to play comp so i tried today for the appeal i got the message stating they couldn’t do anything because it was the dev team that out the ban on when i asked if the dev team have a email or a number i could contact them by to solve this i got told by another game master that was not involved in the chat that i cant take it any hire i cant do anything about it and he ended that chat and i thought that was rude but i tried again. The most recent one was friendly more help full and told me to try and appeal it on the forums as i am doing right now so i am wondering will the dev team see this or is this a pointless waste of time like most of the chats i already had with blizzard staff

Competitive Mode only bans are not appealable. This is because when you leave a game it is verified by the game software automatically. Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

don’t you think that unfair though as my internet was pretty bad and i wasted so many hours on trying to get unbanned and been talked to quite rudely at points as well

Unfortunately, if you work your way to a season or permanent ban (which takes several leaver violations to do so), I feel that is something you have to learn the hard way. Back in season 2, I have a nasty bug with the game that caused crashes with my computer and it took forever to troubleshoot with Blizzard, however I completely avoided Competitive Play in order to make sure I would not take a ban until I was absolutely sure the problem was fixed.

I will not comment on how you were treated by game masters as I am not a representative of Blizzard and it is simply not my place to do as a forum MVP. However, I will encourage you to check the e-mail associated with your Battle.net account, you will likely receive an e-mail from Blizzard inviting you to participate in feedback surveys for each web ticket that you have opened.

I wish I had better advice, but really this sounds like a situation that can’t be resolved per the rules of Competitive Play.

cheers yea its been very wasteful with blizzard employees the time i wasted waiting to hear back to only be told nope is stupid

1 Like

horrible support staff of US, try EU, their support is more HUMAN.

1 Like