Balance is good, let's work on FUN now

It’s getting a bit tiring hearing “Omg this hero is ruining my games 1v6ing blah blah whatever”. Let’s face it, NO one is really doing that, or anything close, it’s really us just being super dramatic at this point. There are a few undertuned and overtuned heroes here and there, but we have WAY bigger issues with the game.

Fun. Which is at an all-time low in my opinion. What do you think should be done to improve the quality of games?

26 Likes

stop trying to make everything 100% balanced, it will never work. one hero will ALWAYS be stronger then the other. make things fun, make things op, i don’t mean buff everything insanely like up to 300 damage for everyrone or 100 hps for everyone. make everyone FUN to play. make things like total mayhem but with a bit of more health for some heroes.

16 Likes

:sunglasses:

Allow Moira to fly

omg Im half asleep and had to edit that lol nobody saw ok

16 Likes

moirfly, that’s her new name. moirfly

10 Likes

Let reaper fly during wraith for crying out loud

OK I might be a bit biased toward reaper

3 Likes

Let’s get Jun genji back most fun ever

2 Likes

They should add a passive to the support role called DPS killer: their damage is increased to 500dps whenever a DPS enters into their terror radius

3 Likes

I have a wack idea. Give the omni directional punch to doom, decrease dmg to 150 and buff his primary fire by 30 more damage.

1 Like

Soooo many people have always complained about this game yet have kept playing it all the time, so that’s a sign it’s still lots of fun nonetheless…

So it would be better if you first elaborated on why you personally find it unfun, OP…

Buff McCree again so we can go back to working on balance over fun.

1 Like

If we’re talking fun, tanks are in a pretty bad state, too much CC and too much tank busting abilities.

And balance is pretty good indeed but I have a feeling we’re barreling down a double shield meta, again, which is gonna cost us dearly in the fun department.

1 Like

I don’t think the game is balanced when almost 100% of every match I play has a Dva that has a nuke everyone button every minute. There are hardly any matches that don’t have Dva as player of the game. And I hate when my own team plays her because she sucks as a tank. She’s a super tough, dps, nuke, which comes with a full heal. Must be nice. Meanwhile, the healers are sitting at crap health, almost no defenses, and ultimate abilities are almost useless comparatively, on most of them. I really don’t like that the deciding factor in almost every match has nothing to do with skill, tactics or accuracy. It comes down to how many people you can hit at once with your “I win” button. I won’t be playing this much longer. It’s just more annoying than fun at this point.

Did you say put Mei in tank role, since Mei is more fun tank?

(I am just poking the bear now…)

5 Likes

You jest but… Lets do it, like a defibrillator jolting some life into the game.

Anything is better than nothing.

5 Likes

I used to think that… Ironically before I played Overwatch. Nowadys? Nothing is fine sometimes!

7 Likes

Bring back what made OW fun to begin with -> variation rather than homogenization of heroes. Let Sym have her auto aim beam & shield generator. Let Moira have her super thick beam. We don’t need 3 heroes with the exact same beams. Let Torb collect scrap and throw armor packs. Let Mercy mass res. Let Ball boop people. Let Hanzo scatter. Stop increasing cooldowns and delays on almost every ability in the game. Most every hero was more fun to play at some point in the past than they are currently.

9 Likes

Bug fixes. And QP koth should be made best-of-one.

100000% agreed.
Those things were what made overwatch… overwatch.
And we shouldn’t stop there. There are so many other things that could be done too. I really dislike the direction overwatch is going in, and I think that’s a massive reason for the hugely declining playerbase.

Absolutely. No one cares if tracer needs 10% ult increase (not saying if she does or does not need that), what matters now is FUN, and I wish forum users (me included until now) would stop acting like such micro changes are high priority. We want to ENJOY overwatch, that is why we’re here…

1 Like

Make it so the only playable main tank is monkey, so that the plebs can play something other than Rein Zarya, something they seem to force regardless of support and dps line and then complain that the only thing people ever run is Rein Zarya.

We would need new content for that. The game is on life support since the OW2 announcement.