Balance? 4 min queue!

So I was waiting for 4 minutes for a match just to play against a 5 Stack. My team had a duo. Where is the balance Blizzard? Where please tell me. The longer the queue the more balanced should be the game right?

1 Like

Couple days ago I was playing solo queue and got teamed with a 5 stack vs a 6 stack. Of course the 5 didn’t even try talking to me and we lost. I’d like to see different types of queues:
Solo - only face other solo players
Multi stack - 2 stack to 5 stack queue (5 is tough since a random is always getting screwed so maybe don’t allow 5 stacks?)
Full team stack - 6 vs 6 only

1 Like

Actually, it is the reverse. The general design philosophy is to give you a balanced match as fast as possible if it is available. If it is not available, keep looking. If still not found after a while, give you whatever it can find so you don’t have to wait in queue forever.

Edit: I should mention this:

The rest of that post is worth reading, as well.

3 Likes

I wait 5 minutes to play against a 6 stacks smurf (in diamond) We got destroyed x)

Sorry for my english

1 Like

My queues are almost always 3-5 mins.
I can’t complain about actual games since I’m that trash DPS player everyone hates.

4 minutes isn’t that bad, I had much longer queues.

Longer the que the less balanced.

A 5-stack doesn’t inherently have an advantage over smaller stacks. If it’s a pre-made with players who play together a lot and have good synergy, then they play well and gain SR. So either the 5-stack is a rando group of players at your SR and don’t have an advantage, or they’re a pre-made with synergy but even with their synergistic advantage they’re only as good as you.

A quote from a dev post by Scott Mercer:

That’s a lot of math and data to demonstrate that playing solo or playing with a group doesn’t have much of a global systemic effect on your win rate or SR!

thing is, the longer you have to wait the less balanced a team you get, simply because that’s how it works.

the matchmaker looks for the best match first, if it doesn’t find one it broadens the search meaning it looks for slightly less balanced options, like adding 2 or 3 stacks

and so on