Bad FPS after laster (Echo) patch

Hello,

After this latest patch it seems performance is greatly affected. I used to get around 120 to 144 fps and now all of a sudden can’t even get to 100. Also the games feels quite choppy in general now.

I am a bit baffled as to why. I remember Wreckingball’s release was also somewhat impacted, performance wise, but this was later adressed.

I think this is something you might want to look into.

Specs are as follows:

i5 4690k
GTX 970 (4 gb vram)
16 gb ram
storage is SSD

Game is set to 1080p and all settings are on low.

Thank you in advance for your time.

1 Like

Try scanning and repairing your game files in battlenet. If that doesn’t help try resetting the game settings in battlenet. It will only reset your graphic, sound and gameplay settings, it won’t effect any of your keybindings or anything like that.

In addition to MrsSloth’s idea for running a Scan and Repair, these ideas are also good steps to check.

• Reset Overwatch’s Video Settings
  • Update your graphic card driver.
  • Reset your graphic card driver settings., then make sure that your Graphic Card Driver control panel is configured correctly for Overwatch. This includes setting Overwatch at Maximum Performance (not optimal power) for Power Management and making sure it set to run on the graphics card and not the motherboard chipset.
  • In drastic cases you may need to reinstall the driver and update to the most recent driver for your card. Remember to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean out your old driver. Then download the most recent NVidia or AMD for your system.
  • There have been other threads reporting that updating your system BIOS can help with some performance issues with recent patches. Please be careful if you choose to update your BIOS and look up your motherboard’s instructions on how to do this.

Also here are advanced tips I have written in Overwatch’s Tech Support forum that maximize your FPS performance in the game.

Sorry for not answering sooner. In the end the problem was related to a faulty usb cable (mouse) that was somehow stressing out the psu. I know, one in a million… but still, that was the problem.

The old mouse died, almost short circuiting my computer. Replaced the mouse and now everything is back to normal.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. Have a nice day!