Backround download, Future patch?

My Client started to download a patch and the weird thing is its 6,46 GB
It says:
“An Update for the game is downloading in advance so it will be ready on patch day”
Does this mean that this thing is going to be future stuff ?
I never had a “Patch” like this before, this is the first that i faced something like this.
Theoretically i can start the game and play, but than why is the patch ? Why is it so big Compared to other patches ?

Probably this:

2 Likes

There was a post made on the forums detailing that the next patch is very big and the game will have to reinstall itself. I’m assuming this big background download helps to reduce the download size on the patch day.

1 Like

How many months do we need to wait now for the PTR changes?

1 Like

I wish Blizzard actually did this every single patch so I don’t patch up the game on my laptop, leave for work for 2 days and 3 hours later there’s a 800 MB patch as my monthly data plan is 8 GB…

I see now, i wonder what kind of changes they have planned for us, i heard that we gonna get a full in game match viewer or something like that, which is cool, I really wanna try this new feature out.
If im right its gonna be like a highlight, but instead only able to watch one specific moment, we will be able to fly around the map and watch whoever we want