Backfills. I hate them

Can there PLEASE be a “dont no backfill me into games” option or something to turn on that stops you from being backfilled. People leave games cause their teammates arent doing anything. im tired of being put into games with 0.01m to go or 20% left. what am i the average supposed to do in that amount of time that the other average player couldnt?

3 Likes

I just see it as free xp

im trying to get to comp. i dont care about the battle pass. i have -75xp rn anyway. i want my mmr for when i do actually the 50 games for comp.

Unranked MMR doesn’t affect Comp’s MMR.

People joining as a backfill should be allowed to leave without penalty if they choose.

2 Likes

In OW1 I could backfill and potentially have an impact, with OW2 its much harder as teams that are getting steamrolled with the combination of passives dont leave much room for me to do much.

how do they know what rank to start your first placement then? they just put everyone in a gold lobby and see if they win?

If it’s the same as OW1, yes. New accounts started in mid-Gold and had increased SR changes for their first 18 games or so, gradually decaying to the normal rate of change.

1 Like

damn. i was being sarcastic when i said that. thats such a bad ranking system…

Worse part about it, we can get into a Backfill with less then a minute remaining on the match.

I know its unranked but that totally ruins the experience when you have zero shot at making an impact and gets the L too.

2 Likes