Back to Widow being a "throw" pick

It’ll make it harder though and we can’t look at this change in a vacuum. Lots of other changes are happening which will make mobility changes like this x2 worse than they would be if this was just done alone. That’s my issue with it. Why nerf her grapple before seeing how these other changes will affect her first.

1 Like

I made no such claims, I stated that it was unfun to die to every 20 seconds or so, and once you get it down, you can reliably take out targets with little to no interaction from the enemy heroes, except maybe their Widowmaker.

Blizzard has made attempts previously to do changes “one at a time”, and the general consensus is that they dislike that, claiming the changes are “too slow”. There is a lot happening right now, with the DPS falloff buffs, support buffs/nerfs, and the soon arrival of Wrecking Ball, it seems to not be in Widowmaker’s favor, but all we can do right now is speculate.

Good.

She’s a sniper. Their defining weaknesses should be direct, close-range confrontation. A sniper that is constabtly able to run away and stall practically every attempt to approach and secure a kill is shoddy design.

And Widow wasn’t even bad in the last dive meta, she easily beat Genji in pickrate and that was because of the buff that dampened her main weakness.

I mean that’s not a Widow exclusive issue. I get it, being one shot isn’t fun but the game already gives you so many other tools to deal with Widow; people just don’t want to use them. That’s not Widow’s fault though.

1 Like
1 Like

She was a throw pick back then. She’s a sniper but even snipers need some mobility. If they can’t reposition they might as well stay in spawn. lol

1 Like

Dude, It’s not just a 2second nerf. You have to worry about the cast time and reel time. Us widow mains have to also worry about if it will function as intended or not which is a HUGE QoL change. Also, widow doesn’t have the luxury to fight on point. Her hook is not like Tracer where she can casually blink away and find a healing pack. She’s NOT capable of running away like you guys make it. 9/10 times I hook towards the closest healer and ask them to OUT HEAL the enemies damage.

1 Like

That last sentence right there is why you are a low ranked widow main lol. Dont blame blizz for your lack of skill.

Please explain your self. How does that make me a low rank widow for relying on my team in a team game…? Right? Team game right?

2 Likes

Widow was far from a “throw-pick” during dive; she easily beat Genji in pickrate.

She’s just considered a “throw-pick” because low-ranked players aren’t good enough to use her sufficiently.

Of course, we won’t know how things will be until it’s actually all out there. But it’s not looking good at all. We already know how fragile is in terms of balance. The hook buff originally was a big reason why she became semi-viable in the first place. To nerf it again could very well put her back in a bad place. Especially with all of the other changes.

And there changes should be more frequent not necessarily in bulk like this.

I have the hook sensitivity set to where it shoots where I expect it to, so I no longer have the “is it going to grab the ledge or that box underneath it?” situation anymore.
My statement regarding this nerf is that during the time where she had 12 second CD, I wanted it at 10, I felt that was enough. It’s at 8, and because of that, I can practically fly around the map as I please.

You really don’t remember widow pls switch. When 95% of players are reporting you and telling you to switch for playing Widow how is that NOT a throw pick?

2 Likes

I had a game once where a MERCY refused to heal me because I was playing Widow.

2 Likes

Ye and Honza, the real culprit here, is still unchanged mostly unchanged …
What the actual …

If that’s not evidence that someone in the Overwatch team clearly favors Honza then I don’t know what is …

3 Likes

Read this part again.

She was still amazing at the higher ranks because players are better. Even during dive.

“Widow you’re not on payload/point, please switch.” Buuut I’m getting picks. “Doesn’t matter, we’re not caping the point.” But I couldn’t get on point because my hook was on CD. " Widow switch, you’re plat/Diamond. You’re not Kephri, stop throwing"

2 Likes

I can’t stand Hanzo but I can’t stop playing him because he’s so darn fun and is like Widow 2.0. :tired_face:

So nerf her because 5% of players are good with her. Nerf her because players are good. Doesn’t sound logical. You’re suppose to nerf heroes because they are inherently op not because a player is good at using them. If 95% of players cannot get value out of Widow than she is not op.

2 Likes