Automatic Rank Drop?

Playing comp and went into new season. New season apparently has a automatic whole rank drop right off the bat. 10 mins earlier was plat, now gold. I mean i can understand like a few divisions but wow a whole rank? Im ok i know ill climb back but…why make it so grindy?

11 Likes

Dropped to gold 5 from Diamond at start of OW2. Climbed to Plat 4. And now I’m back to gold 5. WTF? It’s like there was no S1 altogether.

8 Likes

Yay, worked my way up from bronze to gold 1 just to get stomped back to silver 2 by the game?! How much glue do these devs sniff at work? Wtf is this?

11 Likes

They want us to grind the game to get back to our rank. It is bogus.

5 Likes

Dropped from Gold 2 to Silver 3, given how unbalanced and unfun matches were, it was a slog to grind up to gold from where it originally put me in bronze. Now I have to redo the whole climb? Why?

6 Likes

Same I went from Gold 1 to Silver 5 on support. Maybe if I pay for the Battle Pass it’ll magically be fixed!!:crazy_face:

4 Likes

My rank got funky since I played before they fixed the ranking in first weeks of s1, since that i climbed out of bronze back to high gold where i was in ow1. Now I opened the game and I’m in bronze 4 where I was cuz of the issue in s1. Feels unmotivating to go through all that again just to be back in bronze when s3 drops

3 Likes

Why did they do this, does somebody have an answer? Like we are supposed to rank up again, alright. But why? What is the purpose of this new system can an employee please answer that if possible

5 Likes

Im happy it put me down, what are y’all on??

I went from plat 2 to gold 4. xD

2 Likes

I went from plat 5 to silver 2. nice. f–k this game lol. I already dealt with the bronze 5 glitch at the start played like 28 games to get to bronze 4 when i was gold on ow1. then this sh*t. and I bought the battlepass because I had the points, I had 2440 I paid for the 2200 one. My balance is -1760? get lost blizzard

6 Likes

I think Blizzard wants everyone to quit playing.

12 Likes

WTF is this, Legit Gold 2 to silver 5, really…I am done with the game now

4 Likes

I was gold and it dropped me to to BRONZE 1!! like wtf and I still can’t even see my comp stats. I get the message blizzard you want me to stop playing your game. Message received

3 Likes

WTF?

I hit Plat in all queues, and Plat 3 Support. Now it’s Tank Silver 1, DPS Gold 5, Support Gold 4.

Seriously what the hell? No placements?

2 Likes

I’ve been dropped from diamond 5 to silver 4. I really don’t know if I can be bothered to grind back.

If everyone has dropped down and you reached your skill cap last season you’re not going to be able to grind back up. I don’t think they’ve thought this through have they.

5 Likes

The acct I played most dropped from plat 4 to gold 5 (had normal battle pass s1) another acct no battle pass from plat 4 to silver something. I wonder how they determined the drop and what it tells you about your hidden MMR.

2 Likes

I was masters. now chilling at silver

6 Likes

Who still believes that Blizz knows what there doing? Like…who asked for this? I heard that about de-ranking when you dont play for a couple of seasons or just lack of play…but it legit happened for me 10 mins apart. Played like 200 matches in season 1.

Legit Blizz doesnt respect your time or money. This is getting crazy. $20 skins and automatic de-ranks geez

5 Likes

you forgot oh btw give us more money for s2 since we killed your rank

1 Like