Australian Server Issue

I’ve noticed the last few days significant issues with the latency on Australian servers. This is not normally an issue, however, over the last few days it is quite common to be connected to a server with a ping rate of 250ms or greater.

Normally I personally sit at around 42ms, even when it spikes up to 150ms in bursts its fine, this is what I consider normal lag spikes, but 250ms as a constant connection, or greater, for an entire game just feels awful.

I don’t know whats going on with these servers but it seems like we’re connecting somewhere else in the world.

1 Like

Since there are no server outages, this is likely the result of an ISP routing issue. The Overwatch client redirects you to where you will receive a lower/best possible ping, which means the ping to your normal server (in this case) would be greater than 250ms. It’s not optimal, but sometimes a VPN can circumvent the ISP routing to offer temporarily relief from this type of issue.

And just as additional info, this seems to happen every couple of weeks in that region specifically.

I have friends in WA, Vic, Qld and Canberra (I am from NSW) and we are all experiencing the same issues. Minimum of 240ms all afternoon.

1 Like

Yeah we are constantly getting pse1 servers instead of Sydney.

Must be an outage in Sydney that’s causing us to go elsewhere.

1 Like

Check this thread, add your info there:

Most likely the case, since many areas of the country are experiencing issues connecting in.

Maybe time for Blizz to host something in Brisbane

We’re still trying to convince them to add more than 2 American servers, but that’s all they have for WoW, also. I don’t think (my opinion, no data to know otherwise) that we’re gonna see more servers anytime soon.